Sticky situation

wil7483

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Sticky situation

Wil, did you do a proper alignment last year with the proper alignment tool?even if so maybe check your rear engine mounts when you pull the motor.just a thought.

When the drive was put on last year it slid in like snot on a doorknob. And yes I do have the proper tool and all. Thanks.

I'm changing the u-joints so I went ahead and removed the yoke from the drive and will take it to a friend to cut the inner race free. I decided to just buy a NEW bearing puller so once it arrives I will try once again to get the remain bearing out so I can see if the housing was damaged.

rad1026

Chief Petty Officer

Really sorry that happened. So frustrating. Keep posting the results. I just did all the work to my rig. New bellows, gimbal bearing, lower shift cable, engine coupler. I'm interested to find out what might have gone wrong. Good luck!

wil7483

Petty Officer 1st Class

I have the yoke sent out to have that inner race cut, burned, or whatever off of it. I got all of the u-joints off today and will be ordering new ones next week. I will have more questions for the experts when it's time to put this thing back together. Still waiting on the bearing puller, hoped it would get here today.