Steering Bezel

BigNiner19

Petty Officer 1st Class
Anyone know where I could find some nicer bezels to choose from aside from the round plastic one that comes with the teleflex systems? I see some nice sporty looking ones on some newer boats from the factory, but can't seem to locate any searching online.

Thanks

Frank Acampora

Supreme Mariner
Re: Steering Bezel

Actually, Teleflex makes a quite nice one. I think it comes standard on their "Big T" systems. Not sure though. I have a complete helm, bezel, and cable that I inherited from a junk boat and installed on my 15 foot Glastron. I didn't know what I had until later.

It is a two piece chromed bronze bezel. The base is oval and the top piece that carries the helm is circular with four screw holes to bolt up the helm. It may or may not be adaptable to other helms. The two pieces are each beveled so by positioning each piece up or down, you have three tilt positions to choose from.

Problem is, being chromed bronze it is pricey---I seem to remember seeing it in a marine catalog for something like 90 bucks--bezel only, no helm. Like I said, I didn't know what I had.

BigNiner19

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Steering Bezel

Not really looking for a chrome one. I imaging that might look good on some boats. I'm looking for one of the rubber looking spiral ones. I'm trying to find a picture.