Steering arm and pin repair

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
Seems to me there used to be a repair for the steering arm and pin. Cant remember if it was an alpha thing or a bravo thing. You had to drill a couple holes and what not. A real pita...

Do they still make that repair kit for Bravo ones or should I just yank everything? I seem to remeber doing it without pulling the motor or transom assembly, just the outdrive and gimbal ring. Problem is it's been 15 years.

1988 bravo with a 7.4 . No serial available.

Anyone have a clue what I am talking about or am I misremembering things from way back?

alldodge

Staff member
Yep, they still make the kit, but hard to find, and most use the JR method I did mine that way with the 2 - 1 inch holes, tap and plugs years ago. If I have to do another, I'm just going to pull the motor, but I do have a hoist

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
Yep, they still make the kit, but hard to find, and most use the JR method I did mine that way with the 2 - 1 inch holes, tap and plugs years ago. If I have to do another, I'm just going to pull the motor, but I do have a hoist

Yes, I pulled the motor yesterday. Figured I was going to put a bit of a cam in it someday anyways, just gonna do it all at once. Got some eddy marine manifolds on the way....heck, the back seat was harder to remove (took longer) than pulling the block.