starting

jjhjrcmh

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Hello, Just a couple of questions. I have a 1998 E200TXECM A coupleof weeks ago the boat was running good then it shut off, Tried starting it again and it would start then shut down. Thank god for sea tow. I was having the warning horn going off for low oil. I have disconnected the oil lines several years ago and mix my own. My tack has the warning lights built in. Is there a warning module that feeds these lights? If the module goes bad will it shut the boat down? I have checked engine electrical parts with ohm meter including coils, power pack stator wires. Timing and stator were replaced when a magnet came loose tore up some stuff. These were replaced back in august and it has run great. The warning light for oil was intermittent as it would come on and go off or stop beeping after 30 seconds. This last time it came on and stayed on. While on water I checked the fuel pump and delivery and all was good. Any other ideas? If there is a module what is location? Also could a bad key switch cause this problem? I have the factory manual and seloc manual. I have removed the fuel pump and tested according to manuals and passed. As I turned engine over I checked spark and all good there but still will not stay running. Also is there a replacement or modification to replace fuel pump by not using a vro?

w2much

Lieutenant
Re: starting

I had some no sense warning issues with my engine a while back. My boat and harness was 1996 , the motor a 1995. What year is your boat and harness? If 1995 or older you may receive mixed signals from the alarm and tach. My hot light would come on ,the alarm sound for 30 seconds then go off. It did this for two seasons so that I started to ignore it. The actual problem was the VRO. I blew the motor and learned a tough lesson.There is a fuel pump which is specific to premix but cost about the same amount of $$$$. Look on ebay you may find a pump with a bad oil side. I still have mine (fuel side pumps, oil does not)although I purchased a new one and still have the VRO functioning. Have you checked your compression? Your alarm went off , may have had a lean condition or overheat. Check your temp sensors , may be a bad horn or ground also. If the module(power pack) goes bad it will shut down, if it is starting to goe bad you may have a miss or a shut down(no spark) when hot.