Starter Solenoid

Good afternoon,
Where in the world can I find a starter solenoid for a Mercury 9.9....no one has one, will any other solenoid work?
Thanks in advance!

starter relay

Okay sorry, I'm told it is a starter relay part # 826009T1 that I'm looking for and can't find
and still wanting to know if any other relay will work, thanks

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
What Merc are you working on? That P/N may be right or for another Merc.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
I see that part is listed as "obsolete" as so many OB parts are these days. However, if you know how that starter relay is actually wired into the system, I am certain there are others starter relays that can work in its place. They may mount differently or even in some other area of the engine area, but function the same way to accomplish the job. Starter relays are merely high current relay devices. And it takes a little amount of voltage and current to allow a huge amount of current to be applied to the starter. So if you can't find one, use another type wired correctly. But make absolutely sure you know how the old relay was wire and make sure you wire the replacement type the same. Similar layout relays don't always have the same terminals used the in same ways. JMHO!

emckelvy

Commander
Just a shot in the dark 'cause you didn't specify model/serial # info, but does the solenoid look like this aftermarket replacement?

http://www.marine engine.com/newparts/part_details.php?pnum=ARCSW054

Be sure to remove the spaces in the website address, this site parses other websites.

BTW you may be able to find a decent deal here at iBoats for a replacement solenoid, the Merc P/N I pulled up was 89-850189T.

HTH.........ed