Starcrafters - anyone have a Sea King logo plate?

JoeMan

Petty Officer 1st Class
Hey Starcrafters! My brother has done resto on a number of excellent 60's Starcraft aluminum runabouts (14 - 16 feet). I'm usually over in the Duratech section (since I've run a classic Duratech for nearly 6 years now), but I'm about to inherit my dad's Sea King (we just lost dad on Nov. 12th). When the brothers discussed dad's old aluminum boat, I quickly raised my hand to offer taking and caring for it in dad's honor. What I'm understanding is that Sea Kings were made by Starcraft...which if totally true, does not bother me in the least since I know personally the quality.

Does anyone have a Sea King logo plate available? The boat is not in my possession yet, but I believe the plastic molded logo is 2 inches or less by maybe 8 inches.

Thanks!!

Bwana Don

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Starcrafters - anyone have a Sea King logo plate?

Sorry for the loss of your Dad.

That logo sounds hard to find. Maybe you can get a vinyl sticker made if all else fails. Post a picture of the boat when you get a chance. Good luck with the restoration.

Don

JoeMan

Petty Officer 1st Class

There is 1 good plate on it. I may get the stuff to mold my own, I was thinking of this already for another logo plate.

Bwana Don

Lieutenant Commander

Could you cut one from a piece of aluminum?

jamesgduratech

Petty Officer 3rd Class

If you can't find a good way to do it cheap, send the good plate to taylor made and they might be able to duplicate it. Though depending on how complex the plate design is, it could cost a lot, but it shouldn't cost you too much because the sea king logo is not too complex. I'm not sure if they still do that but you could ask them. Hope this helps!:)
James