Starcraft Resto!

Starcraftobsession

Seaman Apprentice
Ok so I am tearing out my transom and I have this metal plate that's riveted in. I need to remove it so how would you guys go about doing that? Drill them out I assume. Also is this plate necessary and do I need to put it back on? The motor I plan to put on it will be from 90 to 115 HP. If I do put it on should it be riveted on or should I bolt/ screw it on? Thanks guys!

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
:welcome: to the SC tin bin. Looks like you tried to post up a mandatory pic of your yet to be disclosed model of SC. Your talking about the outer transom backer that goes between the motor bracket and the transom skin. Most of those backers are wood originally on the older models and yes most guys replace them, you'll see why if you remove it.

Last edited:

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
SO - Right now photobucket or another hosting site works best. Copy the IMG code in PB and paste it in your message. It's hard to give advice without seeing what does or does not need drilling.

Starcraftobsession

Seaman Apprentice
I noticed that the picture I put on here only shows up on my desktop computer and not an ipad or smartphone. I will try this again.......

GA_Boater

I wish I could! What did you use or try the last time?

GA_Boater

When you have the full-size pic displayed in PB, look at the right side. Under Links to share this photo are four boxes. Click the one with IMG to the left, the box will turn yellow and the word "copied" will appear for an instant. Back here, place the cursor where you want the pic and right click and select Paste. None of the other PB sharing options work well in iboats.