Starcraft on C-list/ebay!

home-boy

Banned
900 miles away. I figured it would need an interior, floor, transom, so I bought the scalped Chieftain I posted in another thread. Haven't figured out how to pull 2 boats at once yet.

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Tell the truth now, you didn't trust yourself! Homie has MBS.

dozerII

Admiral
Well now what do we have here... a rare event find here in the PNW.
[h=2]1975 Starcraft Chieftain 22' [/h]
00k0k_iHraTv65Bdi_600x450.jpg

Rob maybe we can work out a deal here you, acuire this Chief for me and we can make a trade for that elusive 18SS V5 your looking for.

MNhunter1

Ensign
Rob maybe we can work out a deal here you, acuire this Chief for me and we can make a trade for that elusive 18SS V5 your looking for.

Winner Winner!! Just be sure to splash them on different years so we don't have to stress over our SOTY decisions

Tnstratofam

Commander
I agree with MN. That was a stressful SOTY.:sad: By the way I like that V5. She looks fast even sitting still. How rare are they?

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014

Hey that looks like the V5 from Montana that was on CL last fall.

dozerII

Admiral
Nope this is the V5 I picked up in Utah from Chris/ Gibbles, I just bought a 20' glass cuddy donor with and 88 Mercruiser 4.3 complete on a tandem trailer that would be perfect for the Chief. I also just happen to have a TOP 140

bob johnson

Rear Admiral
I was going to save this for myself....because I liked the idea of a cabin boat, even though I tore my islanders top off to make the utility boat I want...then found the 22ft v5 hull that fits my bill much better. and it probably is too much work trying to fit the cut material back onto the old islander!!... even though I have an 18 ft ss, a 21 ft islander, and a 22 ft Holdiay!!!!!!!! but at least I have the room.......$500 what a deal..(if the trailer is road worthy)

http://syracuse.craigslist.org/bod/4806038422.html

bob

jbcurt00

Staff member
That boat has been for sale and posted lots of times w the same 2 ad pix and IIRC the same ad text and price

Wonder if theyve even got many looky lou's, looks a decent boat at a decent price... perhaps its that sketchy front passenger side tire/rim....

Tnstratofam

Commander
That Islander is missing the out drive as well as who knows what. The ad also states it is being sold without the trailer. Maybe a good deal if you've got a good trailer, and a donor boat for all the missing drive parts.

bob johnson

Rear Admiral
That boat has been for sale and posted lots of times w the same 2 ad pix and IIRC the same ad text and price

Wonder if theyve even got many looky lou's, looks a decent boat at a decent price... perhaps its that sketchy front passenger side tire/rim....

ha that axle hub is suspiciously off center of the tire!! ha ha ha ha , but apparently, you don't have to worry about the trailer...its boat only( I missed that before)

I have the outdrive from my islander...the part that attached to the transom got destroyed though!!(gimbal?)

bob

Tnstratofam

Commander
Sheesh those rigs up your alls way are pricey. Or is $2000 really a good price for what looks like a project boat that hasn't been started yet?

dozerII

Admiral
Good thing you know how to fix that😃

I wonder what his "make any offer" threshold is?

I would like to see what the Starcraft tag says on that boat, it doesn't quite look like an SS201, or a 20V5 I bet 18 nice new 100 dollar bills would take that home.

Weep'n Willy

Master Chief Petty Officer
Boy would she be a dog on the water with only a 120 in her.

I really don't think the 120 is that bad of an engine power wise. I had one in my old Islander and have one in my glasser. No, they are not the fastest but will certainly push the boat in the 30's and cruise nicely in the high 20's. My glass is 19' and way heavier than my my Islander was and sits deeper in the water but it still pushes her along well. The thing I like most is the fuel economy they get. Pretty much a bulletproof engine.