Re: Starcraft on clist!

i think the "no title" part on that one is keeping bids down

pity as it's crying for some love, and a diesel

DucatiDave

Seaman Apprentice

You guys are killing me. It's relatively easy to not act on great boat opportunites when they appear in other states or are beyond what pocket change I could scrape together. But this is right in my backyard and too good to not at least consider. Talk about a blank canvas!

Somehow my life was easier when the "Starcraft on CList" thread was gone. Now life's complicated again.

This Starcraft thing really is a disease, isn't it? Is there a 12-step program available?

barato

Petty Officer 1st Class

Dave, the good news is that parts, even marine parts, are cheaper than the bits & pieces for your Duck with brand names ending in vowels....;)

it's actually a 61-step program: go to your local boat dealer and sign some papers, then make 60 large payments (each about equivalent to what we buy boats for). AND YOU'LL STILL LUST AFTER OLD STARCRAFTS!!! (diabolical laughter....)

"honey, look what followed me home" does take on a new meaning when it sits as high as your house instead of just a comparatively reasonable 16 SS

DucatiDave

Seaman Apprentice

i think the "no title" part on that one is keeping bids down

pity as it's crying for some love, and a diesel

As I understand it, boats manufactured prior to 1972(?) don't require a title in Wisconsin. Bill of Sale should be enough. I was looking at an old boat a while back and spoke to DMV or DNR about it and that's what they said. The cut-off date I cite may be wrong, but pretty sure that '67 is well before it. Trailers carrying less than 3000 pounds don't need a title either.

Don't take my word for it though. I've been wrong before (once, maybe twice ;) ).

DucatiDave

Seaman Apprentice

Dave, the good news is that parts, even marine parts, are cheaper than the bits & pieces for your Duck with brand names ending in vowels....;)

Amen to that, brother!

In order of increasing cost: truck parts, car parts, marine parts, aircraft parts, Italian motorcycle parts, space shuttle parts!

Deadwood

Chief Petty Officer

Heck there's even a " Get low monthly payments" button!

barato

Petty Officer 1st Class

Italian and BMW motorcycle parts

there, fixed it for you ;)

sounds like you should be OK on title. i mentioned it cuz here in TX, even my old crock of a 1962 15' Lone Star has to go through the normal motor vehicle process, which means i'm having to do a "bonded title" procedure....you get an approved appraisal of value, & post a bond with Big Bro in amt 1.5 times value of boat, conditioned on idea that no one else will show up claiming you've stolen the boat. since bond surety's fee is usually 15-25% of bond amt, this could add significantly to cost of your boat if the appraiser values it more than your seller did.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

That's a real nice little SS there.

horsecapades

Seaman Apprentice

EDIT: Sorry, we have to be even-handed on the no selling policy.

CBGale2

Lieutenant Junior Grade

barato

Petty Officer 1st Class

totally aside from the blazfeemin aspect, the guy who's so detail oriented that he does a good job painting motor cowl to match boat sounds like the sort of obsessive guy i would want to buy a boat from....

Huron Angler

Admiral

totally aside from the blazfeemin aspect, the guy who's so detail oriented that he does a good job painting motor cowl to match boat sounds like the sort of obsessive guy i would want to buy a boat from....

Those outboards were actually manufactured by Chrysler and rebadged for Starcraft back in the 70s.

Iboats member Chinewalker posted a thread about these rare motors recently, as he saw one for sale in central NY.

Pretty neat piece of trivia:D

barato

Petty Officer 1st Class

ahh, now i see. gracias. which brings me to a Q i was gonna post under separate thread, but i suspect this is the best-read thread on here:

DOES ANYONE HAVE AN IMAGE OF THE STYLIZED "S" MADE FROM TWO OFFSET BLOCKS WHICH I MIGHT BE ABLE TO USE FOR A TEMPLATE? THANKS!!!

CBGale2

Lieutenant Junior Grade

how big ya want it?