Starcraft-Closed bow to tiller conversion

Bwana Don

Lieutenant Commander
No - Look at all those wonderful donors. :D:D:D :watermelon:

Any of those itchers have donor rubrails and inserts, BD?
Wish I would have paid attention more GA. I did find a 55 hp Johnson that looked good. Hanging on the back of a glasser Tri. I might have to take another trip down there. It's about a 45 min drive. Heck I need a trailer.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
I saw a couple of trailers under some of those donors. Well pieces, anyway.

I've seen some nice utility trailers made from old boat trailers and jet ski trailers make nice small U-trailers.

Bwana Don

Lieutenant Commander
What make of motor and HP are you thinking about hanging on the back?
Ahh. My favorite question. Motors. I'm going with a big twin, OMC. A 60's era motor with a magneto. Looking for a 40 hp, 1962 or later as they have the bigger crank journals. Not the electric shift either. If I can't find one of those then a 35 hp. Tiller model only.

I belong to AOMCI (outboard hoarders and enablers) and a gentleman there has a 40 hp lever shift 1962 Johnson 40 hp he is willing to give me. I just have to pay shipping. Got my fingers crossed on it.

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Danke Watermann. Probably gonna bite the bullit. Straighten the aluminum and replace the vinyl.

Ja bitte ;)

So are you going to do a paint job? If so colors? I do have a reason for asking :D

Bwana Don

Lieutenant Commander
Ja bitte ;)

So are you going to do a paint job? If so colors? I do have a reason for asking :D
Grey on the bottom and black the rest of the way. Think new Lund colors. Saw them at the show a couple of weeks back and I really dig that combo.

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Ok, never mind then ... gray and black is nice combo!

Vintage Rider

Seaman
For what it's worth, I bought an old boat for $100.00 just because I needed a better rub rail. It's going to cost me another $40.00 or so to get rid of the hull but still cheaper than a buying new. It came with a trailer worth a few hunderd if I decide to sell and a 60 horse Johnson that supposidly runs. No controls though. Craigslist is your friend.

Bwana Don

Lieutenant Commander
For what it's worth, I bought an old boat for $100.00 just because I needed a better rub rail. It's going to cost me another $40.00 or so to get rid of the hull but still cheaper than a buying new. It came with a trailer worth a few hunderd if I decide to sell and a 60 horse Johnson that supposidly runs. No controls though. Craigslist is your friend.

OK, I checked your profile and we live in the same neck of the woods. Fish in the same places I'll bet. So where can I get rid of a hull cheap. I was told I need to cut it into 4 foot squares and then I can take it to the dump in Warren. I found a boat with a trailer and 40 hp Johnson that is cheap. Problem is the rotted glasser that comes with it. How do you dump one of these cheap. Cutting it into squares is not my idea of a good time. I've thought about it, still pondering it. Itchy, itchy....

Craigslist is my frenemy.:devilish:

Don

Vintage Rider

Seaman
Smith's Creek Landfill. 810-367-3784. Located in beautiful Smith's Creek Township MI, just south and west of Port Huron. I haven't availed myself of their services yet, it's too cold to be hauling boats to the dump. A guy named Jonathan, a member of this board (I can't remember the name he uses but he's one of you tinny guys) told me about it. He has disposed of several glassers there. The $40.00 price is his estimate for an 18 footer. Said that shorter should be less. Let me know when you're coming this way. I'll buy you a cup of coffee and we can swap fish stories.

Dabbler_E

Petty Officer 1st Class
Just checking to note that I'll be following along BD. Just became a Jupiterian myself.