Standard Triton+ speaker level- too low??

webnetxpress

Cadet
Just hooking up the radio that came with the boat I got. It's a standard Triton+ unit. It powers on, picks up the wx channels, but the audio from the front speaker is really, really low. Is this normal? Should I just plan on buying an amplified speaker and adding it to the speaker out jack on the back?

LubeDude

Admiral
Re: Standard Triton+ speaker level- too low??

I dont really have an answer other than are you sure you have the "fade" adjustment moved to the front speakers. Some of these stereos are difficult to figure sometimes.

webnetxpress

Cadet

well, no fade. this is the standard marine radio i'm talking about. it has the built in front panel speaker...

LubeDude

Admiral

Ive never seen a stereo with out a fade option, its the adjustment from front to back speakers, some have the adjustment under one of the knobs if it has knobs, or in the menu it will come up FD or fade on an electronic unit. Sfurly it has a fade function. Maybe not.

18rabbit

Captain

Is this a VHF radio we're talking about?

scott i

Cadet

i believe the speaker audio is probably ok as the size of the speaker is small. if you cannot hear it so well underway, i would suggest to purchase an external speaker from Standard Horizon called a 201SW. This speaker will blow u off the deck!