Standard Horizon 150C

eastont

Chief Petty Officer
Does anybody have an answer for my concern. As I boat around through the 1000 island and the Rideau Canal system, my icon is always off. If I pass a maker buoy, it will show me way off the other side of it. It even shows me to be on land when I'm in a narrow channel.
And today, coming back from the Rideau, as I came into Lake Ontario, it showed me about 100 yards behind me. I've tried to figure out if it's a common direction, but it does not seem to be so.
I have tried to offset the various compass headings, but to no avail.

And when on navigation mode, it is at a different heading than my actual compass.
I have an antenna and the necessary chips for each waterway.

HELP!!

eastont

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Standard Horizon 150C

Anyone have any thoughts?????

eastont

Chief Petty Officer

Was at the boat on Sunday and one boat docked next to me has a Standard Horizon...don't remember the model, but it's got an 8 inch screen and he purchased it at the Toronto Boat Show this year.....his lat/long are the same as mine.
The boat docked on the other side of me has a Garmin..... different lat/longs....his puts us about 125 miles apart. When I came home I checked them all out via Google Earth, and the Garmin is closer to where we dock, the Standard Horizon 's put us about 137 miles south east...

I'm still at a loss. Standard Horizon is saying it;s my CMAP cards.

wgl333

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I have a Standard Horizon CP300i and it has been quite accurate. Do you scroll forward to check your depths, et. while underway? If so, you need to hit clear to have the icon return to your location (depending on your model). I will be in the 1000 Islands at the end of July (Gananoque) for a week and I will pay close attention to see if there are any misleading readings on my unit as well (not a good thing in that that area)!!