stalling at low speed

midshipman

Cadet
Hi,
I have a 25 HP 4 stroke Evinrude made in 2000. Had the three carbs cleaned at my Marina repair shop. The first took it out and it ran great no problem docking at low speed. The second time when I was coming into the dock it started to stall, runs rough when I am in grear and my speed is below 2 miles per hour.
No problem starting or idling, just at the low speed. :confused:

Last edited:

krogie

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: stalling at low speed

i am no pro at 4 strokes by no means , did you say your 25 hp had 3 carbs?

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Hi,
I have a 25 HP 4 stroke Evinrude made in 2000. Had the three carbs cleaned at my Marina repair shop. The first took it out and it ran great no problem docking at low speed. The second time when I was coming into the dock it started to stall, runs rough when I am in grear and my speed is below 2 miles per hour.
No problem starting or idling, just at the low speed. :confused:

Welcome to iboats
How does it run at other speeds ??

midshipman

Cadet

Hi Guys,
Yes it has 3 carbs, had them cleaned at the Marina. The motor starts fine, no problem with speeds over 2 MPH. Only have a problem when speed reduced to a slow troll in order to dock at very slow speed.
I am using regular gas with 10 % ethinol, std gas from the gas station.

Bert.:confused::(:(:(

krogie

Petty Officer 2nd Class

like isaid before i am no pro at 4-stroke outboards , so i will not try to steer you wrong . one thing to maybe try is to bump the idle up 25-50 rpm because you are so close to having her running right.good luck!!