Speedometers

hemi rt

Petty Officer 1st Class
I need 2 soeedometers to replace the 2 Airguide speedos that quit working. The problem is they are surface mount and I don't have enough depth to put flush mount speedos in. Any one have any suggestions.

I know they say they can be rebuilt but from the costs I've seen for rebuilding I may as well replace them and save some money.

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner
Two speedometers were used in the old days to better approximate speed. A single GPS is much more accurate. Cover the holes with something else and get a GPS.

Starcraft5834

Lieutenant Commander
Two speedometers were used in the old days to better approximate speed. A single GPS is much more accurate. Cover the holes with something else and get a GPS.

My thoughts exactly... restoration is cool... have at it... if you want to really know your speed, get a GPS unit

roffey

Commander
The spedo in my boat registers 40 mph at WTO and the GPS will read 54 MPH, lol. My speedometer is accurate up to about 45 MPH and then goes down the faster you go. You can get some retro GPS looking speedometers for your boat and you don't have to drill holes in the hull.

hemi rt

Petty Officer 1st Class

Actually the reason for 2 speedometers was in case one quit which happened often, mainly to a weed getting picked up by the pitot.

hemi rt

Petty Officer 1st Class

Unfortunately Competition Ski boats still require 2 speedometers.