special thanks to iboats w/'pics

zuke1

Petty Officer 2nd Class
so, all my friend s have started ripping on me because i have been into boats for less than a year, yet i am on my fifth boat...

i started off with a john boat, then after iboats helped me out on that one, i traded up for a runabout... then i fixed that one up and sold it with a little profit... i bought a trihull boat for 200$, i then sold it and the motor seperately and made another little profit...

thanks to iboats ( and craigslist) i have been able to buy and fix all the boats i have had this year, and finally was able to end up with my little dream boat ( till i become a millionaire ) and so , since i enjoy looking at the pics people post, i figured i would try and post some pics of the post i have bought and sold, and of coarse my newest boat .. the 88 16' cajun demon..

hopefully the pics come out.

thanks again all,,,
zuke

boatpics001.jpg

boatpics002.jpg

boatpics003.jpg

boatpics005.jpg

129-2936_IMG.jpg

boatpics019.jpg

boatpics020.jpg

danpemby

Chief Petty Officer
Re: special thanks to iboats w/'pics

Nice work Zuke!

Enjoy the new one.

Boatin Bob

Lieutenant Commander

5 boats, less than 1 year? You got the fever my man!!
Good for you!!

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Hmmm. Way to go, Zuke! 8)

Where's the sign that says, "Honest Zuke's Reconditioned Boats"?

Drrockter

Petty Officer 2nd Class

That's cool. People that think your nuts just don't understand. Just show them the pictures from begininning to end. Hard to argue with that. :love:

cobra 3.0

Lieutenant Commander

Well that last boat sure don't look like the first one!8) Now that's one good looking boat!

Tell your friends it could be worse. You could have kept all of them and started up your own boat and tackle marina! Way cool!

zuke1

Petty Officer 2nd Class

JB!!!! i gotta say, its not often that i laugh out loud in front of my computer... but the sign idea has to be the funnies thing i have read in a while...

i have some more pics of how the blue boat turned out...

and as cobra goes... i know you meant last ( last boat in the pics) but its probabaly not my last one...

there was some stuff wrong with the newest boat...
the motor wouldnt raise up with the hydrolics when i bought it... so of course, that brought the price down a little, and the live well airator wasnt working, again this brought the price down a little...

so i just took the boat home after i bought it and saw that the battery for raising the motor was almost dead... i charged the batteries on the boat, and lifted right up...
i used my carpet cleaner to clean the carpet to like new condition... and some other minor stuff had to be done...

so after it was all said and done... i paid 1800$ for the new boat..

but i had profit from the other boats ( after buying and selling a few times, including my initial payout for the john boat 500$) i was up close to 700$
so, i only had to spend about 1100$ out of pocket...

i think thats a pretty good deal for a boat that seems new.

and i have i boats to thank for all my boat knowledge... and all the great info that i ve gotten from all the guys with way more experiance than me...

thanks again...
illl try and post some more pics of the old projects if i can...

thanks again.
zuke
out

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Wow you are doing Okay! You should be proud. By the way the next "trade up" will result in you having to get a bigger tow vehicle!!

QC

Supreme Mariner

Waaaaaayy cool zuke!!! Awesome job man!

zuke1

Petty Officer 2nd Class

well as far as the wife goes...

she couldnt of been happier that i took up all the garage space, and left oil stains all over the floor....

but believe it or not, now that we have a " nice looking" boat, she is actually wanting to go to the lake. i took her out on the lake the first week i got the new boat and she loved it, she caught her first fish ever, and now she planes our lake trips in advance, she keeps reminding me that this friday we are going to the lake.

so the wife was kind of fighting the whole boat thing all along, but suddenly it seems that the boat budget had gone up a few bucks...

i think shes hooked on boating , thanks iboats!!!
(imagine mentos commercial when reading last sentance)

as far as the tow vehicle. it seems as though the wife also wants a bigger truck now too......

life is great... the only thing that would make it better, is a bigger... faster.... boat....

ha ha ha ha it never stops does it?

D

DJ

Zuke,

Way to go. I have just as much fun fixing them up as I do running them-almost.

I'm also in AZ.

puddle jumper

Captain

zuke 1 Looks like you have one the battle.
The boat looks good
The best part is you get to spend time with your family
Happy boating thats what is all about

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Better 5 boats in a year, than 5 women !! :)

zuke1

Petty Officer 2nd Class

im going to post some pics of the small fish we caught on the lake yesterday......

they will be up tomorrow...

thanks for lookin...

and thanks for helpin....

zuke
out

deejaycee_2000

Captain

Hey Zuke, nothing wrong with the fever ... I started collecting boats from the age of 5 .... to be honest I have no idea how many I have currently ... just can't get it over my heart to get rid of any of them .... I have more boats then some marina's, just to give you an idea, here is an areal shot of my place, thanx to google earth ...... there is plenty more hidden under the trees ... lol :)

property.jpg

zuke1

Petty Officer 2nd Class

are you serious???????

is that even legal????

dont some of them get left out?

how do you decide which one to take out on the water?

that is if they are all water ready...

if you feel like selling any of them, you can use craigslist, thats how i bought and sold all of mine.

like i said ill post some pics here shortly of my wife and i catching some small bass.

Firestar

Chief Petty Officer

Well Zuke, you did one beautiful job on that boat! I think your profit, if you were to sell that one, would be bookoo bucks! Really nice work.d:)

zuke1

Petty Officer 2nd Class

cant sell it now, look how much fun were having....

and ive only had it for about 2 weeks....
ive had it at lake pleasant, lake roosevelt, bartlett lake, suguaro lake, and to lees fary......

and thats just two weeks,
god, life is good, im tired and sun burnt, but i cant stop now..... the fishing is too good, and too tasty....
heres some pics....
the last one with all the 40 some odd striper is actually not with the boat, but just a cool picture of a nights worth of keepers....

and the last two pics ( army ones) are of me fishing for something else...... just thought since i would post some of me fishing for terrorists.......

more to come....

thanks again

andrewfish.jpg

jessiesfirstfish.jpg

127-2786_IMG.jpg

jessieonboatfar.jpg

jessieonboatfar.jpg

Nov03310.jpg

Iraqpics2380.jpg