Spark????

Javelin 353

Petty Officer 2nd Class
1991 70 Johnson TLEIE Vro removed, I hacve been having an intermittant spark issue last week while using boat lost all spark to middle cylinder, next day check spark all cylinder srtong, I ordered a new SIERRA powerpack I installed it today now no spark at all going to switch packs back out and try again any other ideas greatly appreciated!!<br />Thanks in advance<br />I have a generic manuel and a multimeter that I can use with good instructions!

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
Re: Spark????

Your manual should have test procedures in it. The fact that you had spark before and don't now says you mis-connected something or the new pack was DOA (dead on arrival). Your local library may have a service manual that covers your engine. Test procedures are generally too detailed to go into here.

Lubosleftboot

Petty Officer 1st Class

Put your old powerpack back on and replace the sparkplug on the cylinder that was missing.Often sparkplugs will fail under pressure but will spark when placed against the engine block and the engine turned over.I have seen this problem on outboards and motorcycles that have 2 stroke engines.Hope this helps you.

Javelin 353

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I had the wires to the coils hooked up wrong purple on top not blue!!!!Live and Learn??