spark plug wire doohickey

tomatolord

Chief Petty Officer
I do not know what the piece is but it is the part that holds the spark plug wire to the spark plug itself.<br /><br />In cars you can just buy new spark wiring, on my suzuki the wiring to the spark plugs is all one unit.<br /><br />My dad had put lawn mower plugs in (dont ask why these posts only allow so many characters) and the spark plug wires vibrate loose after about 1 hour of running - no problem I just pop the top and put them back on.<br /><br />However is there any doohickey that would allow for a better fit to the spark plug so the spark wire does not vibrate off?<br /><br />I guess I could try crimping it into a smaller circle, but I was wondering if there was anything out there anyone knows about.<br /><br />I dont want to replace that spark system - I dont even know what to call that component.<br /><br />Thnx<br /><br />It is an outboard 40hp suzuki about 1986.<br /><br />tomatolord

ob

Admiral
Re: spark plug wire doohickey

Spark plug wire boot.

bluewater19

Chief Petty Officer

Hey there,<br />How about putting the correct spark plugs in it???<br />I would not mess with the spark plug wire terminal end (trying to make it smaller).<br />I would hate to see you break one and have to buy a set of wires and still have the same problem you started with.<br />Good luck

tomatolord

Chief Petty Officer

Sorry I forgot that part - Yes I did put in the correct spark plugs and it was after that they started falling off.<br /><br />tomatolord

bandit86

Banned

di-electric silicone, but I would crimp it smaller

Bondo

Staff member

However is there any doohickey that would allow for a better fit to the spark plug so the spark wire does not vibrate off?
Ayuh,.......... That Doohicky would be a Pair of Pliers,.............<br />Just Pinch it alittle,.... So that it's Tighter.......