Somebody got an extra Mariner 30?

rons boat

Petty Officer 1st Class
Blown engine prefered as I have a factory new longblock. Mid to late 80s will fit. I'm the dummy who bought the wrong block for my one of my Mercs.

Bear

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Somebody got an extra Mariner 30?

Hi Ron<br />Sorry about the powerhead. But I have a suggestion for ya. Reply to your first post and bump it to the top now and then. Or go to E-bay?<br />Just add ^ and we'll know. Thanks and good luck! :)

rons boat

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thanks for the suggestion. I bet I will find something to do with it. It is such a quality unit I hate to let it go to waste. I found a used powerhead with carbs and electrics on e-bay but I need a whole motor or maybe I will trade it off for something interesting. On a related, sort of, subject does anyone know what to do with all these late model Mercs that don't have steel sleeves and simply use a surface hardened aluminum sleeve. I can't figure out how to repair them when they have damage to the cylinder wall. Are they just throw away?

rons boat

Petty Officer 1st Class

Ok, somebody tell me about this Mariner 30 built in the 80s. If you know of one, do you like it? I've owned several Yamaha Products and always had good luck. Specifically was the (yamaha built) Mariner 30 a motor with any special merit? Did they all have electric etc.?