Some People ?

R Socey

Chief Petty Officer
I powerwashed a house for some lady for $100.00, less fuel, and cleaner - it was filthy. My cleaning uncovered previous
damage from an egging, and tanic acid drips off the gutter that ran down the siding. Her siding is 25+ years old with hail damage to boot. I felt bad at first, and offered to repaint her siding 2, coats for $250.00. The paint is near $70.00 a gallon! She rejected my offer claiming it was all my fault. Now she is trying to sue me for $1,625.00. What the hell is wrong with her? :confused::facepalm::mad:
I did not solicit the job. I was doing a friends house next to hers. I was in a charitable mood. He later warned me that
she replaced a fence that seperated their property, and informed him that he was going to pay half! What the hell is wrong with her? I can't beleive I have to deal with her crap.
Suggestions welcome - it's good to vent - thanks!

BuzzStPoint

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: Some People ?

I powerwashed a house for some lady for $100.00, less fuel, and cleaner - it was filthy. My cleaning uncovered previous
damage from an egging, and tanic acid drips off the gutter that ran down the siding. Her siding is 25+ years old with hail damage to boot. I felt bad at first, and offered to repaint her siding 2, coats for $250.00. The paint is near $70.00 a gallon! She rejected my offer claiming it was all my fault. Now she is trying to sue me for $1,625.00. What the hell is wrong with her? :confused::facepalm::mad:
I did not solicit the job. I was doing a friends house next to hers. I was in a charitable mood. He later warned me that
she replaced a fence that seperated their property, and informed him that he was going to pay half! What the hell is wrong with her? I can't beleive I have to deal with her crap.
Suggestions welcome - it's good to vent - thanks!

"Right Turn Clyde"

Walk away and say nothing.. If she wants to take you to court.. let her.

robert graham

Admiral

I think some single/widowed older women feel vulnerable and like "everybody is trying to screw me over", and they act that way towards anyone and everyone they come in contact with, including you, the grocery store, the landlord, everybody...it's sad....Be glad you ain't married to her!;)

Captain Shikaboo

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I think it's "No good deed goes unpunished...."

Sounds like a crabby old lady, also sounds like she has a lot of other 'fans' by the egging marks. Just put the dirt back on that you washed off. That should take care of it. :D

R Socey

Chief Petty Officer

I think some single/widowed older women feel vulnerable and like "everybody is trying to screw me over", and they act that way towards anyone and everyone they come in contact with, including you, the grocery store, the landlord, everybody...it's sad....Be glad you ain't married to her!;)
She ain't old or single, I think she is just evil. I can't walk away - I have received a complaint from the Office of Consumer Protection!

R Socey

Chief Petty Officer

I think it's "No good deed goes unpunished...."

Sounds like a crabby old lady, also sounds like she has a lot of other 'fans' by the egging marks. Just put the dirt back on that you washed off. That should take care of it. :D

I like the way you think!

Yepper! Walk away and leave it. If she wants to pursue, she can. Chances are, she won't.

halfmoa

Ensign

Best course of action is to call a lawyer and document everything in writing while it's fresh in your mind!

tpenfield

Staff member

We will watch for you on "Judge Judy" . . .

FlaCowboy

Ensign

Sounds like one of those kind of ladies that can never be satisfied...PMS 24-7 :facepalm:

R Socey

Chief Petty Officer

Sounds like one of those kind of ladies that can never be satisfied...PMS 24-7 :facepalm:
She wants new siding, if someone else pays for it, I think that would make her happy - for a moment. She is the last holdout in her community. The reason she didn't except my offer is she doesn't want paint. I know she got an estimate to replace her siding. The $1,625.00, is probably the highest paint estimate she could get. She plans on using that money towards the siding. When I offered to paint, she said in a loud nasty voice " that won't fix my hail damage" - she is one sick &^$%h.

korygrandy

Senior Chief Petty Officer

She ain't old or single, I think she is just evil. I can't walk away - I have received a complaint from the Office of Consumer Protection!

Office of Consumer Protection...I wonder if that's speed dial 1, or 2 on her phone. :facepalm:

Yeah... walk away. It's a no win. No lawyers...nothing. Stop all communication.

R Socey

Chief Petty Officer

Yeah... walk away. It's a no win. No lawyers...nothing. Stop all communication.
Love your avatar being a G-loomis man, but I can't walk away; I have the government envolved! I feel like this is the beginning of the end.:facepalm:

joed

Lieutenant Junior Grade

What is the office of consumer protection and what powers do they have?

Uh-oh. Government. The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: "I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

:)

Anyhow it's a pirate fish from Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. I didn't even think about it looking so much like G-Loomis.

R Socey

Chief Petty Officer

Yea I took pictures, and all of that. I have documented everything, but that might not help me to deal with some government automaton.

Thalasso

Commander

Did you take any pics of the condition? Edit: Saw that this quest. was asked.