So What did You Upgrade Today?

orion25

Petty Officer 1st Class
Well, I finally installed my Smart Tabs. I also put a stereo remote on the transom. The final project was applying a coat of wax. Pics of everything except the wax follows..............

Before Tabs:
Before%20Smart%20Tabs%20small.JPG

After Tabs:

After%20Smart%20Tabs.JPG

After Remote:

Transom%20Remote.JPG

Can't wait to get it on the water................

lmannyr

Master Chief Petty Officer
Re: So What did You Upgrade Today?

Are new boats built with wood in it? It doesn't look like your drilled out any wood, but it's recommended to seal the glass with epoxy to prevent de-lamination. Make sure you protect your work and investment.

Do you always remove your prop when your not using your rig?

NICE INSTALL.

orion25

Petty Officer 1st Class

Prop is at the prop shop being fixed. I took a small chunk out of it last season. Yes, my boat has some wood in it but I sealed all holes with 5200 sealant (before the screws went in).

lmannyr

I thought it was an anti theft technique. I've heard of peoples props and/or drives disappearing while making a pit stop.

If it was my boat, I would have masked around the area, cut, seal glass and wood with epoxy, then seal hardware with 5200 or hardware store equivalent.

What are those plastic pieces on the inside of your back up lights?

orion25

Petty Officer 1st Class

Those are the transom straps.

orion25

Petty Officer 1st Class

If it was my boat, I would have masked around the area, cut, seal glass and wood with epoxy, then seal hardware with 5200 or hardware store equivalent.

All I did was drill 8 7/32" holes on each side. I put 5200 ineach hole and then installed the screws. There is no need for masking, cutting, sealing, etc. These are small holes and the 5200 will set well before I put the boat in the water again.

rickdb1boat

Supreme Mariner

The install jobs look great! How do you like those boatbuckles?

lmannyr

All I did was drill 8 7/32" holes on each side. I put 5200 ineach hole and then installed the screws. There is no need for masking, cutting, sealing, etc. These are small holes and the 5200 will set well before I put the boat in the water again.

OH!! I thought you needed to use a hole saw for the radio control!!! :) Even Better.. NIce!! Gatta get me one of those. Let us know how you like the tabs.

orion25

Petty Officer 1st Class

OH!! I thought you needed to use a hole saw for the radio control!!! :) Even Better.. NIce!! Gatta get me one of those. Let us know how you like the tabs.

I was talking about the smart tab install. The radio remote did require a hole saw. I will be sealing the edge of the hole soon for it. Did not have the time or sealant available yesterday.

ziggy

Admiral

good job on the tabs man, they look like they'll work real proper for ya, nice and wide... i like them tie downs too. a buddy a mine just got him a hip new stingray, has the same kinda tie downs. real easy to use......
as for my upgrade today. well, not quite as hip as yers, but i got me a brand spankin new $5 chineze fold up table, maybe 2'x2', folds up like one of them portable chairs in a bag, even has a bag. its very light and fits my under gunnel storage just right. the table has 2 drink holders ontoit too. very nice, fits inbetween my rear seats and my aft faceing seats just perfect, room to walk around it even........ i wanted one of them hip pedistal table like the cruisers got. alas, this is my alternitive...... it does fill the bill though. i needed some drink holders in the very back, fwd. facing seats. i got some wire basket types but couldn't bring myself to drill some holes as i ain't got to many extra holes other than the oem ones. the wire baskets weren't quite what i wanted, this remedys that..... cheap and easily pleased ain't i........:D