So, what did you do today?

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
Well, dropped the admiral off at the airport. $104 to fly her from manistee to midway. now I can drive there in peace and quiet on Sunday and only have to stop 27 times on the way home when I bring her back next tuesday. I think we will do this every time. With the little nav thingy in the truck and her in the plane I'll only have one female voice telling me what to do instead of two (or three if she is being crazy).

oldjeep

Admiral
Lugged my wife's Xmas present downstairs. A wine bar I built out of a teak swim platform and a wine rack kit.

Attachments

• photo282732.jpg
    photo282732.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
Lugged my wife's Xmas present downstairs. A wine bar I built out of a teak swim platform and a wine rack kit.

Nice! I missed out on a much bigger teak platform last year, the guy replaced his, as he is a diver, and needed something more robust. Said I could have it. I went to pick it up and someone stole it as it was sitting next to his boat. He was mad as was I. I was going to make an outdoor table out of it also.

82rude

Rear Admiral
Well trying to get up the ambition to go do the snowblower patrol! Lots of hwy closures yesterday with whiteout conditions.

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
Well, got snowblower out of the field and mounted. One of these years I'll remember to do it in October instead of when it is 5 out.

Attachments

• photo282852.jpg
    photo282852.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
Tire chains on. Little grease and we are ready to blow. This little blower does surprising amounts of work. If I go slow enough I have been able to blow 6" deep slush. Itsa Lucknow blower 60". 20 hp diesel with an added 400 pound foot torque flywheel. Real heavy flywheel.

Attachments

• photo282853.jpg
    photo282853.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0

southkogs

Staff member
hdx-corn-brooms-750-64_1000.jpg
Tennessee snow blower ;)

82rude

Rear Admiral
Guy down the street years ago had a big chev pickup with a fair size blower on the front and a v8 motor in the bed to power the blower.I believe the blower was hydraulic.Though not 100 percent positive.Our city now has large double auger blowers that attach to fair size cat payloaders in place of the bucket that are powered by a dedicated diesel.They will fill a dump truck in 30 seconds to a minute .

Last edited:

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
Yeah 82, there is a guy over on plowsite that pioneered a lot of those big blowers and got several Canadian municipalities to buy in. Incredible machines.

82rude

Rear Admiral
Yeah 82, there is a guy over on plowsite that pioneered a lot of those big blowers and got several Canadian municipalities to buy in. Incredible machines.
I got a pic somewhere.I believe they were Larue?(sp) Those blowers would sure help in Erie.There were some blowers put on trains years ago that were monstrous.Im sure our friends down on northern pa and newyork can manage, this isn't their first rodeo.

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
Pretty sure we have gotten more than 2 feet in the last couple days. Lake effect snow belt. Someone remind me why I keep living in this crap...oh, that's right, Irma ruined my motor home in the keys...

82rude

Rear Admiral
ARE you around Travers City?I think you told me before but I'm not sure.Proably spell it wrong but that Kewana peninsula gets its fair share of snow also I believe.

82rude

Rear Admiral
Were practically neighbor's.Soo Ontario here.Soo Greyhounds have now won 23 games in a row!