So, what did you do today?

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
Anyone wanna come wrap the last 15 or so boats, blew my knee and I so hate shrinkwrapping....darn torches get heavy for an old guy...

WIMUSKY

Staff member
jake any news about those 2 swept off the lookout near Marquette area?Im assuming their deceased your very unlikely to survive lake superior temps and 25 foot waves.

We saw it too, but no updates..... I'm sure it wont be good.

Snowing, grass is white...

82rude

Rear Admiral
Well I figure I invented some new and descriptive swear words today .Put a new bearing and carrier (auger) in the toro snowblower today.Everything cool except for the 3 stupid bolts which were a major pain to keep in place.I believe I deserve a strip lion steak and mushrooms for din din tonight.

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
Well, even with a knee the size of a softball I got three more dry and wrapped.

Looking more and more like I'll be having some more surgery if this thing doesn't pop back into place, the pain is getting to be more than the "daddy's little helpers" can alleviate...

Must be those little yellow pills messing with my count, I have been wrapping 3 or 4 a day for a week and I still have 14 to go....oh for the wish for an employee...

82rude

Rear Admiral
Wow cant find anybody to work ? Ive had about 10 knee ops including 2 total replacements and 1 reline so I hear ya on the knee thing.Im 59!

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Moved 5th wheel to it's resting spot until mid March, hopefully. Then went Jeepin'........

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
Woohoo, doc says I can get a cortisone shot in my knee. Getting old young is what I seem to have been getting done today.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
designed new alternator bracket for the BBC build, had some parts machined, built a side-console glove-box....seeing a vendor about some more plumbing....then going out with the wife

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
Finally got the tarps on the pontoon, and boat today...... as much as I hate snow, I'm ready....

82rude

Rear Admiral
Went to the oldmans this morning and put on his winter tires in the driveway.Took me 15 minutes to do all 4!4 off 4 on and trying to snow so i was speeding,lol.God bless that ryobi 18v lithium 1/2 impact !

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
I don't remember what I did before my snap on 1/2" battery impact...life must have sucked!!! I can't think of a day I haven't used it if we were not just taking a day off....even then Its always in the truck.

82rude

Rear Admiral
I don't remember what I did before my snap on 1/2" battery impact...life must have sucked!!! I can't think of a day I haven't used it if we were not just taking a day off....even then Its always in the truck.
Mines always in the truck also plus 2 fully charged batts and a ryobi 18v air comp.Only snap-on i have is a 3/4 inch impact with 900 flbs in reverse.Air of course.Blasted thing weights 13 to 15 lbs!

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
Well, "They" have forecast a miserable day. Rain into 5-8 of heavy snow...

"I" forecast that by the end of the day I will have put ballast in the truck and banged my head against a wall getting the blades on the trucks to plow the subs...

WIMUSKY

Staff member
May burn a brush pile, but the winds are starting to kick up. Have about an 1" of snow on the ground that fell last nite. Talking below 0 highs figuring in wind chill.... Our average is the low 40s........

82rude

Rear Admiral
Snow squall warning in effect for this end of superior.Coming down pretty good as i type.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Snow squall warning in effect for this end of superior.Coming down pretty good as i type.

Yeah, there's warnings further east of us. Good ol' lake effect..... We're on the southern edge when the winds are right......