Snow Sucks!!!

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
Re: Snow Sucks!!!

The plows have been going past the house since 5 am....... we tend to plow with the storm....... going to continue through Monday night......

Just another day in Vermont :D

bugman1964

Seaman Apprentice

Yep, we are looking at another 12"-16" today into Monday. Gotta love it only another 2 months before open water...................................maybe.

seaman campbell

Chief Petty Officer

Mam, I feel bad for you guys up north. I know I would be crazy by now. Having lived in Maine for a couple winter seasons and Chicago for 1, I know the north is not for me. As for using the boat, I've already had mine out twice this month. :p

TC

triumphrick

Lieutenant Commander

Florida is under going more freezing nights. hate it. last power bill was $475.00.

As you can tell, we Floridians hate being cold!!!

I am a Floridian, my wife is Canadian. Lots of family from Newfie area. Needless to say, they all come here to visit us! We have yet to go up there to visit them...will make it one day, but not in the winter!

They say that there are less people moving down here, I sure see a lot of empty houses, so for the OP, quit complaining and head South. You won't be the first nor the last!!

Yes, we did get the boat in the water on Wednesday...friends from Denver came in town and just had to get on the water. A little windy during the fronts, but lots of places to go and stay out of the wind.

mthieme

Captain

Well, it looks like the storm passed us by. It's sunny although chilly and breezy...but dry.:)

cheburashka

Senior Chief Petty Officer

We all need to get out there with our gas guzzling boats and suvs to ramp up global worming!! :D Oh wait that theory is pretty much busted now. Oh well guess I will have to wait to enjoy my boat!

That wasn't global warming theory that was busted. It was Newton's theory of gravity. Seems some guy who no one has ever heard of in Siberia has said he doesn't believe in gravity, so he must be right. Rush Limbaugh is set to jump all over that one. If there's no gravity, he can't be overweight!!

pduquette

Ensign

My guess is it is just as irrelevent as rush ! But when my mind is numb from the cold , it wanders too !:D

partyboat21

Cadet

the snow came and landed now it stopped and the cold temps are once again here. someone said,"come one come all to florida". ill tell'ya the wife and i are seriously thinkin of it. we got alot of family there too from both are sides. we were kinda thinkin the coral springs area.

KurtG

Petty Officer 1st Class

Haven't had much snow, but tired of the cold. I used to live/work in Sarasota, Florida and the wife couldn't wait to move north (to a real city). I told her she would be sorry, but found a good job and we made the move to the DC area 8 years ago.

Lately, she's been urging us to move back to where the palm trees are, but alas the jobs pay 1/3 as much and we now have 3 kids that we didn't have while living there. I'm satisfied that I now have a boat and we're still walking distance from a beach for the kids (not that it matches Lido).

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

the snow came and landed now it stopped and the cold temps are once again here. someone said,"come one come all to florida". ill tell'ya the wife and i are seriously thinkin of it. we got alot of family there too from both are sides. we were kinda thinkin the coral springs area.

Y'all are aware that we are having a Florida Iboats gathering in May???

In the interim, anyones thats tired of snow and needs to hang out and work on my boat...well...come on down! lol :D

I think we will hit near 80 today...by the way..