Snow storm in the East Who got hit???

S.T. Marine

Petty Officer 1st Class
Snow is going to start flying tomorrow morning or late tonight... Forcasting 15-24 inches of snow.... Now how am i expected to work on any boats in this??? I cant wait for spring. Anyone on hte board get hit with this snow storm yet?

SlowlySinking

Master Chief Petty Officer
Re: Snow storm in the East Who got hit???

It's 10PM Sunday on Long Island, snowing like crazy, 1/2 inch so far, my snow shovel is warmed up.

crab bait

Captain

we've already got over 20 inches as of now an will be 30 in by time it ends monday.. <br /><br />it's SOOO cold,, 10 deg. that the snow is like sugar... thats alota inches for superfine snow.. it never snows when it's that cold out...<br /><br />wind blowin' at gale force.. it's offically a blizzard.. goin' to 50 mph by daybreak..<br /><br />it's the 'PERFECT STORM'... warm/wet from the south,, bitter cold from the north .. clashin' together right here...!!<br /><br />lookin' out the window,, i feel like a kid again.. but reality will set in tomorrow.. i'll feel like an old man,, diggin'out & dealin' with the mess...<br /><br />sure is pretty to look at..

Homerr

Commander

I'll take ALL the snow you can give!<br /><br />We're starving for it on the West Coast. <br /><br />We're below average again I think. In fact, we haven't had a good old fashioned blizzard in years.<br /><br />H.

NOSLEEP

Commander

-15 and blowing snow .A blizzard type snow <br />storm. We packed up and headed for home <br />when the white out blew in around 3 pm.I <br />could hardly see too the truck from the fishing<br />shack.You really appreciate your 4x4 when you<br />have to drive through two hours of that stuff.<br />Lots of accidents on the road.

sloopy

Commander

we have three feet of snow outside right now!!!! SO MUCH SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!! can I sail in snow?

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

I wish. Unfortunately, We just get a mildly wet, mild break from the heat down here in Florida. It let Mike Waltrip win at Daytona.<br />But it's humid, sticky ,and the skeeters are waking-up from a short,mild (for the most part)winter.<br />Yep, I guess it's back to iced coffee for the next nine brutal months.<br />Enjoy the freeze while it's there. I just wish I could trade homes with somone in Michigan and move.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Hey Sloopy, No School for you tomorrow!!!!

88spl

Petty Officer 1st Class

Here in Texas very windy )east with some bright sun in the afternoon, 64*. I have done the Nebraska blizard once, never forget it. Beautiful,but yet if one were stranded,..or without heat, endurence. The white house is covered, closed. I to am bord and feel trapped inside. It is time for man to take rod and reel to closeist body of water, cast first not to catch, but to unwind, to absorb nature in all its finest glory, let us pray....just a weekend, with light winds outof the south 77*, sunny. <br />I to have the kids monday, My doughter has reminded me several times of the fact, and her company (2days). I normaly go by the lake my days off, but slacking I guess. I aply this gif dedicated to spinnerbait, for I to love to use spinners, I have quite a collection. I love the art .<br />Check it out!<br /><br />
bassfloor.gif

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

we are more than happy to share some snow with<br />our southern neihbors. you guys need it, especially<br />in Delaware and surrounding areas. been a drought<br />there i believe. will trade snow for sub-zero<br />tepms though. unlike some areas, we're prepared<br />for it and used to it, so no big deal.<br />supposed to get into the 40's here soon :D <br />it's amazing how a big storm like this really<br />brings folks together to fight a common obstacle.<br />at least it's dry snow and don't weigh a lot so<br />shoveling shouldn't be too bad.<br />12 footer, haven't seen a skitter or a fly for<br />months :p <br />good luck and drive careful folks!<br />M.Y.