Snow plowing time

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Here we go again, starting early, just like last year.

tonight, 1"
Sunday 1"
Monday 5-8"
Mon pm 3-5"
Tuesday 1-2"

So somewhere between 11 and 17 inches by Tues am.

Followed up with low temps of
9, 5, 3, 4, 4, 5, 1, and -3

Last edited:

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Temp has been dropping since 6 this morning and now the rain is here, I was hoping it would hold off for just a few more hours.....

rbh

Fleet Admiral
Glad I picked the last of our tomatoes and jalapeno peppers yesterday.
Out here on the west side of the continent there is one huge storm turning out of Alaska (its being called a perfect storm somehow) which will effect most of western north america.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Yup, it is suppose to swoop the really cold air down on us for a few days!

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
sunny and mid 60's here yesterday, today and tomorrow. Maybe even Tuesday. Then lows in the upper 20's.. I Like TN - just enough winter to feel like a winter but not the crap you guys get.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
sunny and mid 60's here yesterday, today and tomorrow. Maybe even Tuesday. Then lows in the upper 20's.. I Like TN - just enough winter to feel like a winter but not the crap you guys get.

It is funny, our son and his wife and kids moved to Raleigh NC this last August, to get away from the weather and ended up having a few inches of snow before we did, he called just beside himself, to let us know he had snow.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
It is funny, our son and his wife and kids moved to Raleigh NC this last August, to get away from the weather and ended up having a few inches of snow before we did, he called just beside himself, to let us know he had snow.

Here too, nephew moved to Chapel Hill in July.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Monday/Monday nite 10-18". Earlier than last year. So far the Almanac is looking correct. Truck is ready except for getting the plow tires on. Having it done tomorrow. Hopefully I'll be able to see the road to make the 25 miles. Noon app't. Is it spring yet?

These first snows are getting ridiculous.......

Last edited:

roffey

Commander
Up here in Ottawa Canada we've had no snow yet but I think by the end of the week will have :smow:

Last edited:

Teamster

Lieutenant Commander
And I'm right there in the dark red on the map,........

Starting to think seriously about relocating to the west coast and taking up salt water fishing,..........

rbh

Fleet Admiral
WOW, What a day weather wise, First thing we get is a warm wind then we look up and see the clouds flying out of the north to the south.
There are bands of black and grey/blue clouds with blue sky in between. We are looking at the cusp of the jet stream at this point.
Warm wind-cold wind- freezing wind, snow and rain.
What ever is heading south is just over top/to the east of us.

Stay warm guys!

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral

Starting to think seriously about relocating to the west coast and taking up salt water fishing,..........

Believe it or not, there is a lot of great fresh water fishing on the west coast, some of the best in the world!

Bigprairie1

Commander
....we had a pretty good day today........cut the grass, and got some more leaves raked.....getting ready for spring...LOL.
BP

WIMUSKY

Staff member

Just got back from dropping the kid off at college from a long weekend home with mom and dad. Asked the wife during the drive, " So when are we leaving?". Since she telecommutes she could work anywhere as long as she can hook up her computer. I'm self employed. Let's start packing!

Teamster

Lieutenant Commander
Just got back from dropping the kid off at college from a long weekend home with mom and dad. Asked the wife during the drive, " So when are we leaving?". Since she telecommutes she could work anywhere as long as she can hook up her computer. I'm self employed. Let's start packing!

I'm single with no kids,....I guess I could leave anytime,...

I love Wisconsin, And I am so glad to have grown up where and when I did,.......

But,.........

My cousin moved his family out to Santa Barbara CA., And if he keeps sending me pics of the beach all winter I might have to go take over their couch,...............................

WIMUSKY

Staff member
I'm single with no kids,....I guess I could leave anytime,...

I love Wisconsin, And I am so glad to have grown up where and when I did,.......

But,.........

My cousin moved his family out to Santa Barbara CA., And if he keeps sending me pics of the beach all winter I might have to go take over their couch,...............................

Find a warm place for winter and come back to WI for summer. Best of both worlds. I'd love to do it....

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
yeah...it cooled down a lot the last couple days. Down to 71 now!