Smokercraft with water in bilge upon movement

mullo

Recruit
Hi,

I purchased a used 2002 Smokercraft 162 Millentia (70 yamaha outboard) from craigslist and just recently tried it on the water. The bilge is completely empty and remains as such when the boat is not in motion, even for long periods. As soon as the boat travels at all, even at trolling speed only, the bilge gets water in it every time. I run the pump to drain the bilge for anywhere from 30 seconds to 3 minutes, depending on the distance travelled and speed.

The boat is currently trailered and when I go back up to our cabin I want to trouble shoot the water problem. I can not see any missing rivets and there are a couple of slightly loose ones but nothing major looking. What do you recommend? I was planning on plugging the live well intakes one at a time to eliminate the possibility of a leak in the live well lines. What is the best option for plugging an intake? Is there a custom plug for this same as you use for the bilge drain hole?

At the stern on each side of the motor are a couple of entrance holes beside a couple of metal mesh looking intakes. They look like microphone heads and I have no idea what they are for?

I do not have an owners manual but would like to obtain one if it is available for this year and model.

Can you please respond with any assistance or recommendations you can give.

Many thanks,

W~