Votes: 1 7.7%
  • other

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

chris04008

Cadet
Re: Smoker Craft Rebuild 16.5 Tin

I'm noodle proponent #4...but I'd also use some rigid foam boards in certain areas.

Nice project you've got, very similar to my 16' SS. I can see you finishing this and staying under 2k, especially if you are gonna work on the OB yourself, or if it doesn't need anything to run.:)

I'd make sure those livewell fittings are sealed up well with 3M 5200 before the new deck goes in, just to make sure. They are notorious for leaking and tough to access on the inside.

I was looking at those. What is the reason for having two drains for the livewell and why are they so big? There must be a good reason......

Where would you use rigid and where would you use noodles?

chris04008

Cadet

There are several pieces of Alum. that have a wood veneer, How do I restore those. Thinking about sanding and painting. Have any of you guys ran into this. Some of the veneer is completely gone others it is ok.

LonLB

Petty Officer 1st Class

There are several pieces of Alum. that have a wood veneer, How do I restore those. Thinking about sanding and painting. Have any of you guys ran into this. Some of the veneer is completely gone others it is ok.

I replaced mine with new. New wood, and carpet (bow panel)

Keep at it. I know how it is to be on a budget. I'm going back to school fulltime, so I have NO budget.
I've got a total of about $475 into mine so far, including purchase price, the boat I got w/my motor, and the trailer that it is on now.
Actually probably another 200 bucks for seats, pedestal posts, trolling motor prop etc.

shark1600

Cadet

Nice looking vessel, i've always liked smokercraft, our alumacraft has the veneer wood throughout the interior and the po painted it gray and i repainted this summer venus gray, been thinking someday to replace wood and stain it.

chris04008

Cadet

I am going to paint them. I dont really like the idea of paint but it seems to be the easiest lightest way to do it. I was looking today and there isnt that much that really shows, but still brainstorming. I just dont want to replace alum with wood. Wood = Maint

Starman8

Chief Petty Officer

Made a template from the old ones, new 3/4" marine ply epoxy coated, then primed. Sealed the edges with waterproof butyl, then glued on Formica. Got a 4x8 sheet from HD discontinued in black microdot for $5

Have plenty left in storage.