Smart Tabs on Azure 188 Elite

MI9

Recruit
I've been sold that the smart tabs is the product my boat most needs. Its a 2007 Azure 188 Elite. I picked up the Smart Tabs at Cabelas the other day without looking into detail of where I would place them on the hull. After stopping by the dealership, they showed me where Azure had designed the hull for trim tabs to be placed, but failed to tell me this was not the case on the 188's (it was the 20 footers). I have the swim deck and the support tubes for the swim deck seem to be exactly where I would mount the tabs. Has anyone else run into this or know of a solution before I try to relocate the support tubes from the swim deck?

Thanks for your help and I hope to post some pics once complete along with the results.

southtexas

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Smart Tabs on Azure 188 Elite

You should post the pics of your transom before you install. Another member (or the inventor of the tabs) might see the pics here and offer you some advice. I had similar problems with a swim ladder and got the help I needed. They don't always have to be installed EXACTLY as described in instructions; every situation allows some modifications. Also make sure you bought the right size/style for your needs!

MI9

Recruit

Thanks! I will post the pics tomorrow. I appreciate the quick responses.

MissTC

Recruit

Hi there, new to this whole forum deal. I too have a 2007 188 Elite. It is getting Nauticus tabs next week. My dealer is installing them with no cost to me. Bennington (Parent comany for Azure) covers the tabs and install under warranty. Is what my dealer told me. I have the load I carry down to a science and have timed my boat from a dead stop to 40mph(on speedo). Now the difference is I run a 3 blade 21 pitch stainless solas prop. I notice most are 4 blade 19 pitch users. I want the top end. When I get er done I'll time it again and post it here. I personally love my Azure and when I go bigger it'll be another Azure.

MI9

Recruit

MissTC, have you had your tabs installed? I didn't post the pics I took because I went to my dealer and told them what your dealer said about it being covered under Warranty. I wonder why that is? My dealer acted as if he didn't know anything about this and I advised him to call Bennington. I would love to see pics of how they installed them on your boat. I took measurements and the support rods are 18" and 20" from center respectively.

I'll be sure to pass along the feedback from my dealer.