Slipper Spring Install Problem??

HS91_Mike

Seaman
I have a tandem axle LoadRite trailer with 26" slipper springs. I am in the process of replacing the springs and realized that they are installed differently on each side of the trailer. The dual axle trailer has a front and back bracket that each set of springs connects to and a 7" equalizer in between them they connect to. Should the slipper end of each leaf spring be connected to the equalizer with the eye-hole being connected to the front and/or rear spring hangar brackets? Or should the eye hole of the front spring be connected to the bracket hanger and the eye hole of the rear spring be connected to the equalizer?

Unfortunately, the driver's side was installed one way and the passenger side was installed the other way. Thanks for your help on this one.

Mike

Thalasso

Commander
Re: Slipper Spring Install Problem??

I have a tandem axle LoadRite trailer with 26" slipper springs. I am in the process of replacing the springs and realized that they are installed differently on each side of the trailer. The dual axle trailer has a front and back bracket that each set of springs connects to and a 7" equalizer in between them they connect to. Should the slipper end of each leaf spring be connected to the equalizer with the eye-hole being connected to the front and/or rear spring hangar brackets? Or should the eye hole of the front spring be connected to the bracket hanger and the eye hole of the rear spring be connected to the equalizer?

Unfortunately, the driver's side was installed one way and the passenger side was installed the other way. Thanks for your help on this one.

Mike

Can you put up a pic because any slipper spring i have seen only has a bolt hole on one end. The other end is flat and slides into a brkt.I found some pics for your problem but can't seem to copy and paste
The front spring will bolt to the brkt on frame and the slipper will go on the equalizer. The rear spring of the two the bolt hole goes on the equalizer and the slipper goes in the brkt on the frame
Go to etrailer.com and in the search box post ( picture of slipper spring on tandem axle)

HS91_Mike

Seaman

Ok. That is how it was mounted on the driver's side with the bolt hole of the front spring attached to the bracket and the slipper end over the equalizer; and the rear spring basically in the same direction with the bolt hole forward and connected to the equalizer and the slipper over the rear bracket.

When I went to replace these things, the passenger side has both slippers attached to the equalizer. So I wasn't sure which configuration was correct or if it even mattered. Thanks. Mike.

ONEGA

Petty Officer 2nd Class

If not too late...IMG_1797.jpgIMG_1796.jpgThis is EZloader but I believe it should be the same way.
O.

ONEGA

Petty Officer 2nd Class

By the position of equalizer.
First picture is of the front wheel on port side and the socond one is of the rear on the same side.
Identical setup on both sides. This is original factory setup.