"Skunked" on Kentucky Lake

hankll

Petty Officer 1st Class
My wife and I took our "new " old boat to Birdsong Creek Resort/marina near Camden, Tn. and got skunked! Hot weather and 90 deg temp surface temp water. Only thing that was biting was "baitsnatchers" Bluegill and Bream, too small to even think about keeping. Most other fishermen didn't seem to be fairing to well either. Most were on River channel deep tight line for Cats. Only heard of one other who caught 5 Bass on a drop near river channel. I broke a rod tip, lost 2 lures, one when line came loose on reel. Had to replace prop, when I spun a hub, so this weekend was a bust all around... Try agian later! I'll never give up!!

chuck_050382

Seaman Apprentice
Re: "Skunked" on Kentucky Lake

when we went to Kentucky lake for our honeymoon we drove all over that lake and ended up catching more fish off the resorts dock.

hankll

Petty Officer 1st Class

Yep, I believe it! We were doing the same, and every time I saw fish on the screen I 'd power down, and putter around looking for structure and trying to figure a way to get some biters, NADA, NUTTIN! Well, I believe I should have gone in and got a good nap and gone out at nite for a some nite fishing but I wasn't set up for even that, no lites, no heavy line for Cats, or heavy enough rod and reels. Betcha I go more prepared next time! Course I wasn't in my home waters so I wasn't at all familiar with the lay of the lake in BirdSong area. Totally amazed at how much flats there was, almost ran aground in an area that looked like maybe 10 feet from shore side of marker buoy where it went from 50' to less than 2' and I was still 150' from shore. If I hadn't had my eyes on depth finder, I would have grounded. Not a lake I'd like to do nite fishing with any more than an idle speed.

bass4brains

Cadet

Gotta watch those bouys on the upper Tennessee and even more so on the Cumberland. Waters way down this year due to the drought. Remember left of the reds going upstream and left of the green going down. To make things even more confusing the Tennesse runs backwards on its way thru Tennessee, it runs south to north, only river in the U.S. that I know of that runs south to north.

mattb4rd

Cadet

My wife and I took our "new " old boat to Birdsong Creek Resort/marina near Camden, Tn. and got skunked! Hot weather and 90 deg temp surface temp water. Only thing that was biting was "baitsnatchers" Bluegill and Bream, too small to even think about keeping. Most other fishermen didn't seem to be fairing to well either. Most were on River channel deep tight line for Cats. Only heard of one other who caught 5 Bass on a drop near river channel. I broke a rod tip, lost 2 lures, one when line came loose on reel. Had to replace prop, when I spun a hub, so this weekend was a bust all around... Try agian later! I'll never give up!!

That sounds like my morning. Beautiful river, boat running good, fresh tackle in the box, kids being quiet, not a doggone bite.

I snapped this photo this morning ~ 8:AM ish.

071307BOAT2.JPG