Simple leaning post/seat

JohnKee

Seaman Apprentice
I'm looking for a seat/leaning post to install on the fwd, raised casting deck of a 17' + fishing boat. Most of the ones in the catalogs are huge things with everything from a backrest to a beer dispenser hanging off of them. I need something very simple and not looking like it's sirplus "Buck Rogers".<br /><br />I saw a photo of one that was fastened to a single post which could be adjusted up or down and looked like a simple bicycle seat --very small and neet. ...any one know where I can find something like that?<br /><br />Thanks,<br />JohnK

Boatist

Rear Admiral
Re: Simple leaning post/seat

Bass pro Shops, Cabela's, West Marine, any bas boat dealer. I looked at on line at each of these sites and did not find them on line but in West Marine master catalog, Bass Pro shop spring master, Cabela's spring master.<br /><br />West Marine page 754, " 15 inches wide with a 3 inch rise at back" fits any standard pedestal.<br />Pedestal on page 763, have 11",13",25-31" adjustable. Most Bass boats I have fished from have the small seat up front and a bigger seat in the back. Also most I have seen have the base to pulg pedestal in to then have two pedestal post rather than one long one. This way can take apart and store in lockers easy at end of day.<br /><br />They have the prdestal seat post here at IBOAT but did not see seat you are looking for. Check link.<br /><br /> http://www.iboats.com/mall/index.cgi?cart_id=794613327&keywords=pedestal+seat&submit=Search

JohnKee

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Simple leaning post/seat

# 8614,<br /><br />Thanks for doing the homework. Your link brought me to a bewildering array of pedestals. I guess I wil first look for the seat and then find the pedestal that will receive it.<br /><br />JohnK