Silly For Sale Question

Captn Dave

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Silly For Sale Question

It's been my experience with buying used cars, trucks, boats and outboard engines, that "sometimes" the overall appearance of the vehicle is a good indication of the condition of the vehicle. <br />Of course the "appearance" is not the only thing I check out but I find that if people take car of the cosmetics, they generally take care of the mechanics. <br />Last year I bought a boat with a 140 HP Johnson. The boat was in excellent condition. There was 100 hours on the hour meter but that is always suspect. Removing the cover on the engine revealed an engine that looked like new. It was a big selling factor for me. <br /><br />Having said all that, digital photos as seen on a computer can be very deceiving. I have first hand experience with that.<br />And I had a neighbor who kept his vehicles clean but never changed the oil. Never. Added but never changed. They'd go a little over 100K and crap out. I wonder why. <br /><br />Oh, by the way, that 140 is the best running engine I ever had.