Showa 4T3C SA-6 (Honda BF75 A5) tilt trim issues and need help/parts

Peter_C

Petty Officer 2nd Class
This started with the outboard not being able to trim up under load, and running really slow on the tilt ram. So I put new seals in it, cleaned everything up. This included disassembling the pump to clean out all the oil as it had fine metal flake in it. Also put a new electric motor on as the original was okay, but one of the screws broke off. Post rebuild it was worse, and wouldn't go up at all off the tilt ram. When it hits the tilt ram and stops moving it sounds like the pressure relief valve is kicking in as the squeal noise changes. The motor does not really bog at all. Ideas for why would be welcomed!

So I tore it down again, and again, and...you get the point. I made sure all the check balls were in correctly, the correct direction, and in the right place. There is not much damage to the cylinders although it had fine metal flake. The rams had touched the caps at some point. If the wear was enough to cause it to flow past the seals it seems like it wouldn't sound like it is going into the pressure relief valve. I also changed the tilt relief valve on the side to an upgraded 5 Star Marine version with no change. The over pressure valve has a little wear at the ball seat location and I have been considering throwing in a .156" ball just to see what happens, but I have another issue to tackle first.

I found these websites that cover the tilt trim enough to make sure I had it together correctly. The bottom one even lists the check ball sizes!
Hydraulic flow charts in this PDF: https://f01.justanswer.com/TEKN5000/16f4b093-e447-4f8e-869a-8fc25030c3d3_ETEC115-200_TILT_TRIM.pdf
Nice blow up of check ball housings: https://www.ptkba.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/service_manual_file/4tak/SM F150B SM.pdf
Check valve ball size and locations: https://www.discount-marine.com/club/files/trim_115_yam-2.pdf

I had this brilliant idea that the pump seats might be leaking and causing low pressure. Found a YT vid that showed carb needle seats working. Well I regretted digging into the rubber seal as soon as I started and no the needle valve seats will not work with Showa. Now I need a new seat in order to go forward. The seat appears to be cast into the metal part of the valve and completely non serviceable, on yes a non serviceable pump assembly. BTW a power magnet makes setting the top piece in place super easy. I use a Magswitch. I was able to measure and buy the o-rings for the rest of the pump parts. I know I can purchase the entire part, but if possible would like to just purchase a new seat or two. If someone has the part number and a link that would be awesome! These are the seats in the bottom part of the pump not the upper ones where all the check balls and gears are. You can see it uses the star shaped doohickey to keep it in place.
IMG_9541.jpgIMG_9539.jpgIMG_9538.jpg

71063215503__A36B26E0-44DA-4E90-8B3A-55496F1E118B.jpg