show your aristocraft pics

ziggy

Admiral
Re: show your aristocraft pics

congrats on your new boat. i've never had a funliner, but think i'd like one.
confused about the windshield, i dont think its original
agreed. it don't look like a funliner windshield to me either. imho, start with AristoCraft and see what they got, then move on from there. i see funliners advertised intermittently on the www. here's a place that mashes some possible ads for aristcraft. the ads change over time so keep going back, or there's google and the word funliner. that might get ya something too... i've seen serveral ads over time for fairly cheap funliners. might get a parts boat out of the deal.

anyways, congrats on the new boat.

BrianCA

Cadet

Well my resto is complete, for this year at least. She got the royal treatment... new (old) parts and technology. Really all I did was install a new stern light, stereo, led lights in the gunwales, and a dual gas tank setup. She's now in the water and running like a top. Here are some pics.
83cb5f947df593c65e960a88acc712f8_zps7f62dc1d.jpg

adbd0f09e929e146bc22d976a4bfd5c2_zpse22486df.jpg

1c941b33165effec07dc5f79963ea166_zps1935eb61.jpg

cd98eadd5c03a0c3dc1a8e4fa1a702cb_zpscd316227.jpg

9e048f08498f11b2e8145428d0b05646_zps978ca5df.jpg

56366171d5619d1a5b81d460243aa5eb_zpsf65a2238.jpg

Lt. Dan

Petty Officer 3rd Class

IMG_5032.jpgIMG_2342.jpgIMG_3655.jpgIMG_4627.jpgIMG_9599.jpg

New owner here. big plans, little time... Thanks to the guys at AristoCraft for the parts already received and the ones that will be coming. Interesting changes include A/C, rear canvas, LED navigational lighting, original Mars Red color, holes in the dash filled & upgraded engine controls. Can't wait to play on the river and lake!

aristocraft

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Nice funliner above and eighteen. the interior lightning looks great

bugdewde

Cadet

First post.... Hello everyone!

1979 Nineteen - ORANGE with a Mercruiser 470

Just picked it up in the previous owner's driveway.... Down around Atlanta.... Lake Oconee
Picked up.jpg

Just pulled into yard at home...... Long two day journey involving a blow out, broken lug nuts and rounded off lug nuts, disassembled trailer hub, tongue jack failure, working on the side of the road and eventually in a truck stop parking lot, hotel night stay, used tire buying fiasco, and a tire shop failed air compressor/tire machine.... Whew!
Parked in yard.jpg

Underway...... rear seats removed.... previous owner spray painted them.... a little tacky(not dried yet).
Looking behind no rear seats.jpg

Love the sliding hard top!
Shannon driving.jpg

aristocraft

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Congrats on your purchase. I saw the boat listed on Craigslist and was wondering who would get it. it sure didnt last long. it was a good price too. So your telling me he spray painted the seats????!!!

also, what was the gentlemans name you bought it from. He said in his ad he worked at the factory, just trying to figure out who it was, if it was a foreman or not.

Over all looked like a great boat, let me know if you need anything, best to contact us through our website (which some people are having trouble with using internet explorer, so try mozilla)

bugdewde

Cadet

I bought it from Kenneth Moore(not the original owner). He only had it for a couple weeks(according to the paperwork), as he purchased it from his neigbor who worked at the factory.
According to the paperwork I have (a ton).... the original purchaser was Mr & Mrs William E. Foster .... on 5/25/79.

Invoice #4684.

Options listed:
19" ATL 91804M79I, Tan/Coral, 470 H.P. Mer. #5387087 (I can't match that # to the two numbers found on my outdrive)
Hardtop
AFT CR
Ladder
Wide Track Trailer # 9E260
Less employee discount
Sales Tax @ .04% - Georgia

Got a ton of service records, Brochure, Service manual, Stack of Service Bulletins, another steering rack/cable, AFT Curtain(looks like it's never been used), chrome steering wheel hub/cover????, the AristoCraft logo that's my avatar.

Previous owner (Mr. Moore) dyed the rear most 2 seats with an upholstery spray... looks like he did the vinyl top, too. Seats were still tacky when I took the boat out 2 days after picking it up around Eatonton. I haven't installed them yet as I bent the prop shaft on the 2nd trip out, hitting a rock.... and boat is still sitting in basement as I'm having difficulty in removing the prop shaft.
Driving down to Blairsville, GA (Moore's Marine) in the morning to pick up another used lower and upper unit(just need the lower) to swap in real quick while I toil with the disassembly of mine to get it's shaft straightened.

Here's the other hic-ups I've encountered:

-Fuel gauge doesn't work. Eventhough, I get 30-ish to 250-ish OHMs with an old analog multi-meter.... my digital one won't register any resistance at all?????? Rheostat feels gritty... so I may replace it anyway... the float stalk is rusted almost in two..... while the tank appeared clean.
-Some instrument lights don't work.
-Instrument Console doesn't have a speedo... it's blank.... doesn't look like it was installed... no pick-up on transom.
-Left side window is flat plexi-glass or Lexan.... not contoured like the original.
-Right windshield has a 4" crack on the bottom.
-Windshield is loose from the body at the rear of the left side..... appears to be a pain to get to the rearmost stud/wingnut (if that's what's supposed to secure it).
-A few gelcoat cracks on the engine cowl... there is a crack or two where the port rail on the bow terminates up front.
-The bow rope hoop on top (????) is loose.
-Few bubbles underneath and a scratch or two here and there but overall looks good to me!
- **** I was greatly disappointed in my failure to read the owner's manual prior to the first test drive when I got home that evening. I liked to have never figured out how to completely raise the drive up enough to get the boat/trailer off the boat ramp. It was dark and 4 or 5 boats were stacking up behing me awaiting their turn at the ramp.... 20 minutes of fumbling, pressing buttons, pulling on outdrive, cussing and flailing about before stumbling on the idea to try 2 buttons at once! I'm sure it's a good safety feature.... but I sure was POed with the guy that designed that deal... at the time. I'm OK now... Hahahaha.

I am amazed at how torquey the 470 is... it's got a SMC 382 15x23 cupped prop on it. Seems to pull very strong with two passengers and a dog, one battery and a full tank of fuel. I'd hoped to find one with the 250 six for power.... but this one seems to run great.... I have heard some horror stories about the 470 quirks and such... but I'm pleased so far.
I just bought a towable tube thingy... a 60' tow rope... an inflateable double lounge chair with built-in cooler, a doggy life vest and a doggy float. If i get the lower unit installed tomorrow(hopefully with a new impeller)... and another prop..... we're on the lake!

More to come....

bugdewde

Cadet

.......... let me know if you need anything, best to contact us through our website (which some people are having trouble with using internet explorer, so try mozilla)

Yes, I'm having trouble getting through on the website, too. Can't wait to check it out.....

aristocraft

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Ok to start with, the outdrive numbers will be different the the actual motor number. however on the motor should be a seperate plate with the outdrive number listed.
Fuel gauge is common. go on ebay and buy a Wema 11.5 fuel sender. Fuel Gauge Sender Boat Wema SSS 11 5" Stainless Steel 316 | eBay

The boats speedo was optional. since you have the blank dash cutout it will be a simple addition. however for the most part your MPH with a 15x25 prop (what that boat needs with the motor you have) it runs almost 1 to 1 with rpm. so 2500 rpm is 25 mph.

All the windshields for your boat are availiable when you get ready.

The 470, has its quirks like you said. however it is the fastest boat that was produced.

Yes the trim is funny, but good. it keeps you from tilting it while underway so you dont bind up your u-joints.

Congrats again!!!

bugdewde

Cadet

Fuel gauge is common. go on ebay and buy a Wema 11.5 fuel sender. Fuel Gauge Sender Boat Wema SSS 11 5" Stainless Steel 316 | eBay

Congrats again!!!

That sender is nice! 11.5"
It arrived the other day and I just installed it tonight. Gauge now registers over 1/2 full... so I think it's working correctly. I didn't verify the level in the tank before installling, as it was getting dark and I couldn't see well.

I'll run with a spare fuel can before running it down real low before trusting a near empty reading.
Since my lake isn't all that long, I should be fine for cruising.... From my put-in/launch area to the dam burns about 6 gallons at approx. 2500-3500 rpm. So I should be good for a cruise down and back, with a little cruising around, if the tank holds 18 gallons.

I hope to do some tubing, etc..... and would like to know just how much fuel I have if I'm gonna be driving around a lot before finding a marina or heading back to the trailer.

Do you have any data on it's accuracy in the Nineteen's 18 gallon tank?

Fuel gauge NEW SENDER WEMA SSS.jpg

ziggy

Admiral

Do you have any data on it's accuracy in the Nineteen's 18 gallon tank?
i don't have any data. and mine is still oem. but i find my fuel gauge to be pretty accurate. it goes over full and when it's a little above half i fig. i'm half out. when i get to just above empty i've found i can put in 16-17 gallons. i believe with my fuel gauge that when it will read E it will be empty. i've not tested this theory out for obvious reasons.
also consider the boating rule of 1/3rd out (fuel usage), 1/3rd to get home and 1/3 in reserve. this is the safe way to use your fuel when your out on the water.
imho, i'd bet that you'll need to experiment with your new fuel sender to figure out how yours reads. ya have the known of a full tank is 18 gal and empty is empty. start judging from there. example, use a half tank and then fill up. ya should add 9 gal. if ya add more or less, judge your gauge from there.

Last edited:

ziggy

Admiral

hi folks.
me and the ol lady went on our first short vacation in three years a week or so ago. only 4 days of camping, but it sure was fun. i don't think we spent less that 8 hours a day out boating in our Nineteen. it was great.
we went to lewis and clark lake by yankton, SD. camped on the nebraska side @ weigand marina. it's good for us since they have running water, (ie. toilets and showers) + ice and fuel at the marina store.

we called ahead to see what the hours were and they said they were open 7 days a week. well, when we got there, there was a sign in the window that said, fall hours are fri-sun. we were staying through mon. so no ice on monday. darn. we still had food that needed cooling. we called over to the yankton marina and they said they were open and had ice too. what a good deal. so we had a little boat ride on mon. morning.
lewis and clark lake is a dam on the missouri river. so it's long east to west, less wide north to south.

Here
(youtube video)

was what we encountered on our way home with the ice. it was a 15mph sustained wind straight from the west. we were on the east end. i didin't get a video of going with the waves, but it sure was fun up on plane. ride up the wave and smash into the next one. the video is going into the waves back to the nebraska side. it sure was lonely out there. the sailboat ya see was the only vessel i saw on the lake at that time. sure was glad my Nineteen was up to the task. it ran and performed flawlessly.
i estimated these were 2 footers with some duration between crests. sure was fun.

edit,
a couple of pics of lime time on some random single dock at Lewis and clark lake.

found this single public dock on the SD side somewhere. it was a day use picnic park only w/ a rustic boat ramp... might be useable if ya had a 4x4. which i don't... was nice and deep at the end of the dock. maybe 5' the the bottom was sand all around the dock area... had fun swimming and exploring the small park there..

just a look aft while putzing along at the length of the lake.

Last edited:

Dgut

Cadet
image (2).jpeg image.jpeg 1971 19 w/ 165hp.

Attachments

• image (2).jpeg
    image (2).jpeg
    130.2 KB · Views: 4
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    144.9 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

ziggy

Admiral
darn Dgut, i can't see the pics. i can see the attachyed files, and photos 3,2,1. but i can't see them. are you seeing them? if not. ya might go get a photobucket account. that has always worked for me here. sounds like ya've done a lot of work and i'd sure like to see it.

ziggy

Admiral
looking fwd to seeing what ya got going Dgut.

still think ya should get the photobucket though. makes posting pics easy. it gives your pics a url.

2 weekends ago boating in a small rain storm. cleared all the other boats off the lake pretty quick. but with a nineteen ya can boat in the rain. :)

Dgut

Cadet
1971 AristoCraft
250 CI Inline 6 (165 HP)

Started restore in August of 2013, completely gutted boat, new wood motor mounts, new foam, repaired fiberglass floors,painted exterior and interior, painted top, rebuilt engine and electrical system, outdrive, trim pump and cylinders, dual battery switch, updated dash, new seat covers, and on and on and on.... Labor of love :wink-new: