Shipping delays

itsaboattime

Senior Chief Petty Officer
I ordered a pair of back to back lounge seats from here on iboats.com on May 1st. I get an order confirmation email that day that tells me they will ship out on or about the 13th with a delivery date on or about the 15th. Two weeks to fill an order? Ok, I guess. Yesterday I checked my email and found no shipping confirmation message. So I call them. Was told that those emails are sent out in the evening and should be in my inbox today. I just checked my email and I find this message:

"Toby,
If you have already received your Wise Seating product(s), please disregard this email.

Thank you for your recent order of a Wise Seating product. Because Wise Seating manufacturers most of their products on a made-to-order basis, occasionally delays occur. Wise Seating is estimating a 7-10 business day increase in your estimated delivery date.

On behalf of Wise Seating, we apologize for this delay and assure you that we are working as quickly as possible to fulfill your order. Once your order has been shipped, you will receive an email shipment confirmation with a tracking number that will provide you with an estimated delivery date.

We are committed to providing you with the best service possible and we apologize for this unexpected delay.

Regards,

iboats.com Customer Service"

Now I am not a patient person to begin with. I delt with the two week delay that I was given initially. But now iboats wants me to wait another week to a week and a half?!?!?! Really?
3 weeks for a pair of boat seats, from the "#1 site for everything boating!!"
I could have ordered them from the shop at the marina and had them in 10 days, guaranteed. But I went with iboats to support the people that provide this "great, free forum!!"
I called customer support and canceled my order. Of course I reached them after business hours.
I am giving them 24 hours to refund my money or I am getting my Attorney involved.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Re: Shipping delays

Not defending Iboats or anybody else for that matter, but you have to look at it from this angle. If it takes extra time to get your seats from the original manufacture, then you know absolutely that you are getting fresh, clean, newly built quality seats that didn't sit on a shelf somewhere for months or years already. I'd be a little more patient and enjoy the NEW seats when they come in myself... Life is too precious to let a few days or weeks influence your emotions and blood-pressure like that. Be glad you are getting brand new produces and enjoy that fact as well... This is just my opinion, but I learned many years ago to stop letting things like that get to me... It isn't a life threathening event! :peace:

itsaboattime

gm, you are absolutely correct. I shouldn't let it get to me, however it does. I learned a long time ago that when you tell somebody your going to do something at a certain time, you do it, at that time. My Dad called it integrity.
iboats is, above everything else, a business. It is poor business to expect customers to deal with stuff like this.
I was told they would be here at a specific time. And they won't. So to heck with it. I will get them someplace else. It's that simple.
I just got a call from iboats and I spoke to a very friendly person. I explained to her the issue and she said she understood.
I will get my refund by tomorrow.
I won't order anything from iboats again.

BradC-iboats

Chief Petty Officer

itsaboattime,

Thank you for sharing your frustration. No one wants to wait 3+ weeks for an order to arrive, especially when the company tells you it will be 2 weeks. Our goal at iboats is to get boaters back on the water as soon as possible so they can enjoy their passion. Certainly, I understand and respect your decision to not buy from us again, but I would like to at least provide you with a little information on why your seat order was delayed.

Wise Seating is currently the only large-sized seating company that offers the most broad selection of seating. With the downturn in the economy in 2008, several mid-sized seating companies went out of business, leaving Wise Seating as the only big player left. Because of this, Wise has been bombarded with orders that their warehouses and operations teams were not prepared for. Since 2008, Wise has changed senior management, increased their workforce and technological abilities, and have made significant strides to keep up with the high demand, but they are still not 100% where they need to be. Because iboats does not make or inventory the seats, we are dependent on Wise to fulfill your order in a timely manner. Unfortunately, the particular seats you ordered ran into a back order situation which caused the delay.

If nothing else, I hope you know that iboats sincerely works hard for your business and that we appreciate your participation in the Forums. Certainly, we are not perfect but we want to do everything we can to be a useful and important part of your boating experiences. As a small gesture of our desire to be of assistance to you and with the hope that you will give us another try, I am sending you a $25 iboats gift certificate along with my direct contact information.

itsaboattime

Thanks for the reply Brad. I understand your position. And I am glad you understand mine. Would it have been unreasonable to let me know that Wise was back logged maybe a week into the initial two weeks? Or did Wise let iboats know at the last minute too?
To me, this sort of thing is unacceptable regardless of the circumstances.
When you tell somebody you are going to do something by a certain time, you do it. There was no indication of an additional delay during the 12 days between when I purchased my order and the ship date? Wise never contacted iboats?

BradC-iboats

Chief Petty Officer

To answer your question on when we were made aware of the back order status, Wise let us know on May 14th, which I believe was the same day we notified you. I completely agree that when someone says they will do something by a certain time, they need to do it. Unfortunately, issues do come up that require a change in what was originally promised. When these things happen, it is critical that we inform the customer of this ASAP which it appears we did. Again, we appreciate your feedback and we sincerely hope you will give us another chance to earn your business.