Several questions about new skiers and wakeboarders

mnypitboat

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: Several questions about new skiers and wakeboarders

Yes they do. I have two sets of skis (I'm so new at this I don't even remember the brand) one set of 67" and one set of 57". They both have screwed inserts and a bar that goes across the front (top) to hold them together. It works great. (Or I assume it works great. We've not gotten good enough yet to really know. We get up and fall down, get up and fall down etc)

I was at a marina that was having a towable toy expo the other day and they said to just tie the skis together with a small peice of rope and a couple eylets. They had a set there as an example. I am going to try that this week and see if we cant get her up this weekend.

CaptainKickback

Lieutenant Junior Grade

When my daughter learned to water ski, we went to a nearby ski school in Lantana, FL. They had a boat with a pole out the side of the boat so the skier was along side the boat, a few feet out, about even with the transom.

It was a very stable configuration and let the person get their ski legs before having to be pulled out of the water.

haulnazz15

Captain

When my daughter learned to water ski, we went to a nearby ski school in Lantana, FL. They had a boat with a pole out the side of the boat so the skier was along side the boat, a few feet out, about even with the transom.

It was a very stable configuration and let the person get their ski legs before having to be pulled out of the water.

Yeah, I've seen that used. It's basically a barefooting pole that they adapt to train kids on so that they get the "feel" of it before doing a deep water start.