Send a thought or prayer to SASTO

DECK SWABBER 58

Lieutenant Commander
A esteemed iboats member is going through a tough deal. Sasto's 34 year old daughter died yesterday after a valiant year long battle with cancer.
Like me he has not been all that active here of late, but the "old timers" will remember the wealth of knowledge he posted for several years.

In cyber fluke land he and I became good friends here, he is a really special guy, if you met him here please pay it forward and throw out some positive
vibes into cyberspace.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Sasto posted a few weeks ago in a thread that his girl had just entered hospice care.

Sasto and his daughter have my thoughts.

thanks for letting us know, DS.

64osby

Admiral
Satso, so sorry to here of your daughters passing.

Celebrate her life, smile with her smile and laugh with her laugh.

aspeck

Staff member
Thanks for posting this, Swabbie. I knew Gayla had passed and was in touch with Capt Sasto, but failed to post it here. She was a beautiful girl who made her dad proud. Capt needs our prayers. He will miss her terribly ...

jbcurt00

Staff member
The Admiral and I will keep Sasto and his family in our thoughts and prayers.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Ahhh geeee......... Having a daughter of my own I can only imagine what you're going thru, Sasto. The Muskys are sending ya prayers.....

southkogs

Staff member
He always spoke/wrote of her with such affection. I'm very sad to hear of it. My condolences and all prayers for peace and comfort.

ehenry

Commander
Thoughts and prayers from The Henrys to you and yours, Sasto.

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral
No child should pass before their parents..................Sorry for your loss SASTO. May you daughter live on in the hearts and memories of all she touched.

lncoop

Vice Admiral
Oh no! I really really hate to hear that. Thank you for letting us know, Swabbie.

12vMan

Lieutenant Commander
Thoughts and prayers from out west to Sasto and family. It's impossible to express the sorrow in words. Those we have held in our arms for a while we hold in our hearts forever..

Chad Flaugher

Petty Officer 1st Class
Prayers sent.... My mom passed away from brain cancer 4 years before my grandma. It was super tough for her. Cancer sucks!

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
I can certainly feel your pain, my Mother passed away 13 years ago from cancer, then I lost my oldest sister to domestic violence 7 years ago and now I lost my Dad on the 27th of October, so know well my friend I feel you pain and I send every single thought I have for you and your family. Peace be with you. I am so sorry for your loss.

Harritwo

Chief Petty Officer
From my family to yours Satso, Our thoughts and prayers are with you and yours.

DECK SWABBER 58

Lieutenant Commander
No child should pass before their parents..................Sorry for your loss SASTO. May you daughter live on in the hearts and memories of all she touched.

There is nothing worse then a parent loosing a child.

I became facebook friends with Captain Mike and his daughter Gayla due to this site.

Talking about living on in the hearts and memories of those she touched, she has 1095 friends on facebook, I'm surprised it hasn't crashed, she spent her final year traveling across the country following her favorite band Phish with all her incredible friends, I think she may have lived 3 life times in her short time on planet earth!

Jeep Man

Commander
My deepest and sincere condolences Sasto. I have 2 daughters and simply cannot imagine what you're going through.

sasto

Captain
No Title

Thanks to each one of you! And Swabbie I appreciate you very much. I have tears in my eyes and a smile on my face. She fell in love with boating. I got her a 32 Wellcraft Coastal. She loved that boat so much she moved onto it. This was our last boat ride together. Again, thanks! <3

Attachments

• photo234031.jpg
    photo234031.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 0