Sen. Kerry's recent blunder...

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner
Re: Sen. Kerry's recent blunder...

Hey! There is nothing new here. Show me one whit difference between this statement and "I voted for it before I voted against it"

The guy is (how do you spell Bozo:}) a joke. The scarey part is that he was a hairs breadth away from being President. My how easily fooled the American public has become. But that is exactly what the Dems have been trying to do these past few decades. Dumb down the populace and then take control. Once we are too stupid to do it ourselves, the Dems would love to do it for you. Just ask Hillary.

I wonder how Progessive critical thinkers would have done under Stalin? Oh, but wait! Didn't he........ Oh, I see, they would just use their prodigous skills in defending the great Leader. (neck saved)

Oh, and if any of you wondered what Kruchev meant when he said that the US would crumble from within, just connect the dots that the Pelosis, Kerrys, Kennedy's and Clintons leave.

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral

Everyone's chasing a red herring. Point is - the kids still need to get their education, regardless of what Kerry said.

BTW, where's JB? Haven't heard from him in a while.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

BLU said:
May be if the dunce in the white house did serve his country in the milatary, he could speak for our soldiers. Here this sums it up: "Sweet Home Alabama" Based on the performance by Lynard Skynard
"Awol In Alabama" Parody by Carl Winter
Greased wheels keep on turning
Gettin' favors 'cause of kin
Catapulted to a Guard slot
It's clear your Bush name got you in
And I think it's a sin, yes

Well I heard your training cost a million
Getting' those jets right off the ground
You scrapped it all and went civilian
Soon you were nowhere to be found, anyhow

AWOL in Alabama
Disappeared into the blue
AWOL in Alabama
There's no sign of W

Your Swift Boat Liars skewered Kerry
Who risked his life while you withdrew
And now you're putting kids in harm's way
Does your conscience bother you?
Tell the truth

AWOL in Alabama
Disappeared into the blue
AWOL in Alabama
There's no sign of W

Must be Rip Van Winkle reporting in after a long nap.

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

Blu, outstanding job. It's Bush's fault Kerry called our troops stupid. I couldn't have got there myself, thanks for showing the way.... This is clearly a democratic political class example of supporting the troops.

Boatbuoy, you are right in all aspects except this example shows definitively the contempt that most people believed existed on the left for our troops.

Yea, where is JB.

BLU LUNCH

Lieutenant

Kerry did not call them stupid , once againt he GOP twisted words. What else is new. I see the talking head is on Cheech Limbaugh's Ex-Lax Hour tommorrow , if next weeks election's were not going so bad for the GOP, W would have not have to try to turn the elections around by blowing this whole thing up. He could of stayed home watching Barney instead. It's fine for the Gop to slam veterans.

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

Blu, Did Bush make Kerry utter his contemptuous statements? Besides this isn't the first time he has made statements like this. (see Ghengis Khan) Ah yes, its Bush's fault. No, wait, it's Limbaugh's fault. No, hold the phone, its really the whole GOP that made Kerry call our troops stupid.

Mind control :love: Must Be a Rove Conspiracy..

They keep it next to the Hurricane machine.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

POINTER94 said:
They keep it next to the Hurricane machine.

You've outdone yourself here POINTER. Outstanding analysis!8)

KRS

Banned

I read this entire post... there's a few wasted minutes of my life.

Parrott_head

Chief Petty Officer

Many politicians try to make light of things that have a gavitas that defies attempts at humor.

If you have the cajones for it try the link below and click on the balloon that says "play".

http://www.musicforamerica.org/bushjoke

It was meant to be funny but it came off flat. Pretty much what happened with Kerry.

If you want to see the full ten minute video it is located here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yJF13BS-hE

Look more to a politicians achievments than to his public speaking gaffs. Bush has had many a malapropisms.

crunch

Commander

I tried your short link but it froze my 'puter... but whatever.

I watched the video of Kerry's supposed joke and I didn't see any indication he was trying to make a joke, you know, a little smile, a twist of his lips... anything.

I'm thinking he was trying to make some kind of lame link between Iraq, Viet Nam, and the draft.

#1. There is no draft, all of the soldiers are Volunteers.
#2. His supposed joke would go right over the heads of to days college students, just shows how out of touch he is with reality.
#3. He should be the last one to bring up Viet Nam considering his record there.

I'm going to make a prediction, Kerry will, despite his assertions to the contrary, apologize.

BTW, did you swallow a dictionary by chance?... gavottes... malapropisms. I know what they mean, but they are not used in everyday conversation. 8)

Parrott_head

Chief Petty Officer

custombycrunch said:
BTW, did you swallow a dictionary by chance?... gavottes... malapropisms. I know what they mean, but they are not used in everyday conversation. 8)

:D

Naw....just sometimes I like to exercise my mind a bit more than other times.

I clicked on the short link and it worked ok. I'm running FireFox as a browser with just a few extensions. Did the link not open at all or was it with the "PLAY" button beneath the photo that was a problem?

Speedwagon

Petty Officer 1st Class

PW2 said:
I am no big fan of Kerry, but he made a mistake in a statement. Get over it. If we made a fuss every time Bush made a Fopah, it would get old really quick.

Let's not get too distracted to what really matters in this election, no matter how bad you all want to distract us.

Is there something wrong with posting up a stupid statement made by a US Senator? I get the feeling you wouldn't be saying that if Bush said the same thing.

CJY said:
Regardless of what Kerry said, or meant to say. it will not make a difference this election. If he meant what he said, it fixes none of the screw-ups in Iraq.

I am not sure which "pooch" got screwed, but it does not fix any of the "pooches" screwed by this admin. Just what do you think the general public is going to do about this? Nothing other than continue to think he is an idiot. It changes nothing, as hard as you wish to believe otherwise.

The pooch= Kerry's statement

Are you not familiar with figures of speech? Do just not get it or something? I particularly like the way you are spinning this back on the Bush administration somehow. How did I say it changed anything? Better yet, how is this related to any screw ups that Bush has done?

What Kerry said was stupid, and that's all I was pointing out. If a senator, congressman, or president does something stupid, it's worth pointing out. After all, they were elected to represent us, not do whatever they want.

crunch

Commander

Naw....just sometimes I like to exercise my mind a bit more than other times.

Works for me, and it never hurts. 8)

Edit: BTW... vote for Mikes kids band.

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

Parrothead, what exactly does Bush's attempt at self depricating humor have to do with Kerry calling our troops stupid? And no matter how you parse words, that is exactly what he said.

Bush was clearly trying to be funny, in fact some people laughed. Kerry is lying about his joke. His was an attack, and our troops intellegence was his lever. Most people tell a joke and smile afterwards. (Thats how jokes work! They make you laugh or at least smile. Kerry did neither)

So, what does your link have to do with Kerry? If you have any pull with War Hero Kerry, have him try this -- I'm Sorry.

PW2

Commander

The bottom line, at the end of the day, despite Kerry's mangled attempt at humor, this does keep the topic of the election on the Iraq war, and that is a good thing.

When you have general after general retire and go public with how ineffective our efforts have been in Iraq, The intelligence community saying that we are creating more terrorists than we are killing, and by all reports we are at the precipice of a full blown civil war, it is time for a change in direction.

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

I don't know, why would anyone vote for a party that has such comtempt for the people who protect this nation. We are suppose to SUPPORT our troops.

And if you think that our troops are a joke than you have no business discussing anything with regards to foreign policy.

If you think he was telling a joke, you have lost your mind. He was talking to a group of college students, talking about the value of an education, and the results (joining the military) of not being as smart as those in his audience. Joke NO, Pandering, Yes. He said nothing that the left wing intellectual elite doesn't believe.

oddjob

Commander

Aw! Pw...sorry we pointed this out...didnt mean to distract...lol

Generals retire. so do Captains,Ensigns, Commanders, Sargents..janitors...social workers.....see where were going here PW?...but hey ...you are right folks retire....oh ya....back to the topic.

oddjob

Commander

oddjob said:
Aw! Pw...sorry we pointed this out...didnt mean to distract...lol

Generals retire. so do Captains,Ensigns, Commanders, Sargents..janitors...social workers.....see where were going here PW?...but hey ...you are right folks retire....oh ya....back to the topic.

you libs sound like nagging women. naggs.

CJY

Lieutenant Junior Grade

speedwagon, the following quotes are yours;

"he screwed the pooch on that statement"

"The pooch= Kerry's statement"

"Are you not familiar with figures of speech?"

Are you sure speedwagon? So you think he screwed his statement on this one? I think you need to get familiar with "figures of speech," because you do not understand the one you used.

When properly used, the "pooch" would represent, say, the elections, his personal re-election, the democratic party, the 2008 presidential bid, or something along those lines. Not his "statement."

I agree with the stupidity of the statement. It was very stupid to say the least. if you want to point that out, I could not care less. The "figure of speech," you used suggests something other than Kerry is hurt by this. I disagree with that. I guess I became confused when you incorrectly used this particular "figure of speech."

You may be a very intelligent person SW, I don't know, but when you claim another may lack it, you better be right. Otherwise, you look like...well, you know.