SELOC Online Manuals

Has anyone tried or used the SELOC online manuals? I am considering but before I pay two year subscrition for my 94 Johnson 25HP outboard I would like some opinions and views from the awsum boat folks here.
BTW, Thanks alot for the help on my gearcase problem Tashasdadddy, lol,, it just as you said and I had it off in 2 mins!:):)

phipps

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: SELOC Online Manuals

If they are anything like the print versions dont waste your money! I had a Seloc for my motor and then got a factory manual, no comparison! Factory manuals are regularly available on eBay for reasonable prices.

F_R

Supreme Mariner

If they are anything like the print versions dont waste your money! I had a Seloc for my motor and then got a factory manual, no comparison! Factory manuals are regularly available on eBay for reasonable prices.

While I agree, there is a difference in the factory and Seloc manuals, I have to say that the Seloc is very good for the novice. It gives a lot of information and tips that you won't find in the factory book, simply because the factory book was written for the dealer's service shop. Hopefully, the dealer has qualified people working in his shop that already knows the basics. There are also some errors and questionable advice in the Seloc, but overall, I say it's pretty good for what is intended to be.

I haven't seen the online version.

GreenF350

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I bought a subscription to the online manual for my motor (91 40hp Evinrude) and was pretty disappointed overall. 99% of the time I was using the Clymer manual I had. I have not had a factory manual yet to compare it to, but I wasn't impressed at all with the seloc.
-Aaron

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

most people who buy Seloc and Clymer, usually end up buying the OEM Johnson manual. imho, OEM #1, Seloc #2, Clymer #3.

jonesg

Admiral

I find it hard to believe the genuine factory manual is written for techs, its very simply written, like paint by numbers.

I have a seloc, it makes me dizzy.
It does contain generic usefull info but I find it useless for actually finding pertinent info for my particular engine. I wouldn't waste a penny on anything but the factory service books.

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

OEM manual is the best in my opinion. Seloc are so so and a Clymer is best left on the shelf. (You may notice the clymer's have a thick layer of dust on them)