SEEKING INFORMATION on CORSAIR BOATS of Ft Worth, Texas???

Status
Not open for further replies.

satx78247

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Friends,

I've found a 1959 fifteen foot red/white CORSAIR runabout (on a 1959 DALTEX trailer) that was built in Ft Worth, Texas by the Dewey family. = While the hull is sound, the interior has long ago been stripped out & trashed.- I have NO idea what the seats/accessories looked like.
(Corsair was just one of the approximately 150 small, independent boat-builders that were "Texas-built" between the end of WWII & about 1975. - Corsair went out of business in the early 1960s.)

What I'm seeking is a good quality (preferably color) photo of the interior seating & trim, so that I can try to restore the little ski-boat to its 1959 stock configuration.
(As best as I can determine, this was the 65th runabout that Corsair built when they were based on Bryan Avenue in Ft Worth.)

The only image that I've yet found is a small drawing (in a magazine advertisement) of the same hull in the www.fiberglassics.com "library".

THANKS for reading this.

yours, satx

satx78247

Petty Officer 2nd Class
To All,

As a member of fiberglassics/iboats forum asked me in an email what sort of outboard do you plan to use on the CORSAIR, I'll say here that I have a good 1959 Johnson "big twin" that's perfectly suitable for the little runabout.

yours, satx

Status
Not open for further replies.