sears 5 hp info

Doby

Recruit
Hi Guy's

I have just acquired a sears 5hp 217-59672, serial number-307821.

Any info you could tell me about it would be appreciated, need to know things like

oil mix
manufacture
year
I think the thing is aircooled because of the fins on the head but it has water intakes on the lower unit so any info on this would also be appreciated.

Doby

Recruit
Re: sears 5 hp info

This site is great, after some searching I have determined that it is a 1969 made by eska with a power head by tecumsa.

I understand that its air cooled and I should run chainsaw oil or similar made for 2 stroke air cooled engines.

What mix should be used?

I also understand that its exhaust is cooled by whater but is it with a impeller or this "tube" I have read about?

I how do I know if this cooling system is working properly?

steelespike

Supreme Mariner
Re: sears 5 hp info

This site is great, after some searching I have determined that it is a 1969 made by eska with a power head by tecumsa.

I understand that its air cooled and I should run chainsaw oil or similar made for 2 stroke air cooled engines.

What mix should be used?

I also understand that its exhaust is cooled by whater but is it with a impeller or this "tube" I have read about?

I how do I know if this cooling system is working properly?

Fuel mix for 69 is 16:1 You can use Chain saw oil,or any TCW,TCWII,or TCW3 rated oils.There is an impeller to cool the leg.Water should mist out of the relief holes in the leg.