Searching for LOWE'S SEA NYMPH SC175BL Owners Manual Content

zettler

Cadet
I have a 1988 Lowe's Sea Nymph, model SC175BL, and would love to see or obtain a copy of the owners Manual.

Can anyone point me in the right direction??

I called Lowe but they do not have anything from back then...

Thank you all in advance.

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 5

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
what material are you looking for?

99.9% of the boat manuals are just a 4 page safety brochure indicating that the pointy end is the bow, don't go swimming at the prop end with the motor running and a list of servicing dealers.

now, obtaining both an operation and maintence manual along with the factory service manual for the motor would be helpful

zettler

Cadet
what material are you looking for?

now, obtaining both an operation and maintence manual along with the factory service manual for the motor would be helpful

Yep, that's pretty much what I would love to find. Lowe doesn't even have ANYTHING on this model for that year. I called and emailed. Nada.

Thank you for your feedback!

southkogs

Staff member
Boat manufacturers typically didn't/don't publish any sort of significant manual. So, it's not unusual to find one.

The motor will have plenty available though.

zettler

Cadet
Boat manufacturers typically didn't/don't publish any sort of significant manual. So, it's not unusual to find one.

The motor will have plenty available though.
I am finding that out. Kind of strange considering the bulk of what you receive anymore for even a camera.

Again, thank you. I was just hoping they had a manual that points out all the amenities, options, etc., these craft have.

I mean mine has locking storage compartments, glove box, three holes in transom, and the like, and maybe be nice to learn how to maintain them appearance and mechanically.

Just a dream I guess...

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Well, you can see all the amenities and options, There is no warehouse stocked with parts for a 1988 model boat. If I recall, owe has been owned/operated, by several companies over the years. Its not unusual for all old data to disappear when a boat company is bought out.

You clean them with soap and water, windex, scale remover, vinegar, or bleach water. Flush them well if used in salt water. Treat them with vinyl conditioner.
Maintain the engine according to motor manufacturers recommendations.
Keep all wiring connections clean and tight.
Steering cables are used until replaced, they are not serviceable.
Same with the throttle and shift cables.
Maintain your trailer bearings, inflate tires to recommended pressure, and replace them based on age and condition, not miles.
You keep the boat DRY inside when not in use.
And keep your batteries charged up.

Scott Danforth

Staff member
I am finding that out. Kind of strange considering the bulk of what you receive anymore for even a camera.
a boat is a low volume manufactured product. we are talking some models in the 10-15 units a year. a camera is manufactured with a minimum of 100,000 per year.

you can get engine manuals here: https://publications.brunswick.com/

you just need to have your engine serial number handy

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Oh, the holes in the transom are likely livewell water intake, livewell drain, and the lowest one is "the drain hole". Drains the hull and bilge.

zettler

Cadet
Oh, the holes in the transom are likely livewell water intake, livewell drain, and the lowest one is "the drain hole". Drains the hull and bilge.
Roscoe and Scott.

Thank you for the excellent summaries and details.

I am just so use to an automobile book/manual that I thought they would have something like the above.

As I am just the second or third owner, it was in pretty good shape but I simply hadn't taken as good a care as I should have...

I am not really that experienced with being a boat owner and that's why I turn to groups like this. Having said that, I have also joined the Sea Nymph Group on Facebook and have found a common desire to do better.

As of right now, we are simply making sure it is Sea worthy, or really lake worthy, and safe, as we plan on not only fishing but taking our young children out on it - if my daughter let's me take my Grandson!

Thank you all again.

Scott Danforth

Staff member
I am just so use to an automobile book/manual that I thought they would have something like the above.
other than maybe a dozen builders out of nearly 200,000 that have come and gone, as a rule, it generally doesnt exist in the marine or RV world.

most boat builders could not provide a wiring schematic or plumbing schematic if their lives depended on it because most of those systems are initially done by the prototype team and documented with a polaroid and a notebook for the shop to follow. many builders buy components from 3 or 4 sources and cant tell you specifically what went into a specific boat.

since you are new to boating, suggest you take a boating safety course.

shrew

Lieutenant
That is not how it works. The boat manufacturer simply builds the boat. They build the hull and the deck and marry them together. They then install 3rd party parts.

The manuals you are looking for are for each t3rd party component. If you want a service manual for the engine, you need to buy a service manual for that engine. If the boat has a radio, it is the radio's manual. If the boat has an electric flush head, it is that head manufacturers manual.

What you're looking for doesn't exist for any boat manufacturer, anywhere, ever.