scored an Alumacraft FD with Evinrude Fastwin 18 HP today!

javsam

Chief Petty Officer
Yep,found a very nice Alumacraft FD with a 1972 Evinrude Fast twin 18 hp motor.ALso included was a very nice trailer and trolling motor.All for only $550 cash.I am thrilled.

javsam

Chief Petty Officer
Re: scored an Alumacraft FD with Evinrude Fastwin 18 HP today!

IMAG0001.jpg

IMAG0014.jpg

IMAG0006.jpg

IMAG0004.jpg

IMAG0011.jpg

Huron Angler

Admiral

Hey javsam nice score:D

Have you started the 18hp rude yet??? Looks like a great package especially for that kind of $$. Congrats.

Are you going to leave the green carpeted platform in the bow? I'd be tempted to keep the structure but just recover it with something new.

That thing would really move with the max 40hp:eek: My buddy's got a 14' Cadillac tin can that's rated the same and is very similar...he runs a 25hp and we scoot right along.

Good luck with her and post some more photos if you do any modifications.

I've been working on a 12' that is similar and love the project...almost done.:D

javsam

Chief Petty Officer

Thanks Huron,I certainly will get rid of the green carpeting.The Rude runs great and has 125 lbs of compression each cylinder.Also included was an eagle fish locator.The trailer is fantastic because it has coil springs and shocks which give it a very smooth ride behind my car.

Vintage Aluminum

Seaman Apprentice

Color on the trailer might suggest its another Tee Nee trailer sold by AlumaCraft. Just a thought. If so...that's another bonus on top of everything else! Its a post-1960 boat...the spray rail is much lower starting in '60. Also, the 40hp rating came after this time. They made these forever...'55 until well into the '70s--maybe it was purchased with the motor? Great price...great boat and add-ons. Enjoy, and know that you can get your money out of it easily (if you ever decide to sell!).

javsam

Chief Petty Officer

Yes, thanks Vintage Aluminum.I too am thinking that this came as a whole package from 1972.But, I will have Alumacraft date it from the serial number.

River - Runner

Petty Officer 1st Class

Congratulations on your purchase! And another FD to be added here. You have a very nice rig. For me, I think that motor is a ideal size for all around use for the boat. 18 - 25 hp will do it all and with the electric motor your covered.

Running my '68 41 years now and if like me, you'll never part with it.

javsam

Chief Petty Officer

Thanks alot River Runner,as i said before I have learned alot from both you and Vintage Aluminum.I waited for the right deal and this finally came up on Craigslist, and I am thrilled to finally have a FD.The front deck is a flip up lid for storage and the trailer has fainted lettering spelling out Holsclaw.As I already mention the trailer rides very smooth with the coil springs and shocks.I have also picked up some very nice motors too,a 1995 4 hp Evinrude Deluxe and a 1992 Evinrude 15 hp.

River - Runner

Petty Officer 1st Class

I have also picked up some very nice motors too,a 1995 4 hp Evinrude Deluxe and a 1992 Evinrude 15 hp.

Cool! The boat likes and easily handles all the horsepower motors, including 40 hp. As I'm running a 4, 9 1/2, 25, and 40 on mine.

I'm so glad you got yourself a 4 hp deluxe. It's a super fishing motor.

To show, here's my '91 Evinrude 4 hp deluxe on the FD.

Dcp_145040.jpg

Dcp_145940.jpg

moonfish

Petty Officer 2nd Class

So that has the beefed up transom? It should scoot just dandy. I made a little platform like that to get over the gas tank and battery. I find standing there kind of wobbly though. I think the treasure is the oars. I never got the bushings so I could use mine in peace but I want to.

Shizzy

Ensign

thats a nice looking rig! I also smile at one more FD in the neighborhood.

Have you considered keeping that front deck? I put a similar one on mine with hinges. it works great for storage and casting.

javsam

Chief Petty Officer

Thanks Shizzy,I will be keeping the deck and just install different carpeting.I have waited a long while to find the right deal on one of these great boats, and this one just fell into my lap.