Saw Lund Jons & Utility-V boats are same as Crestliner & LOWE in Lebanon MO plant

harleyhf2

Recruit
Saw Lund Jons & Utility-V boats are same as Crestliner & LOWE in Lebanon MO plant

I just returned last week from a tour of Tracker boats in Lebanon Missouri and the Lowe Boat Factory across the highway there. While on tour, I watched Lund and Crestliner Labels being applied to several kinds of small boats. We watched riveted jons, welded jons, and riveted aluminum utility v boats being painted green or tan or white and different Brunswick brand labels applied. We even learned Lowe got the contract to build the Fire Dept Rescue Boats called RESCUE ONE, but it was built to their specifications for its unique need. So we learned whether we pay the Lund or Crestliner or LOWE dealer for a riveted jon or Utility, we get the same boat. Good news, they were a hell of a lot more braces and side height than the jons at Tracker! Tracker only had braces in the floor and the sides had none other than seats, but Lowe-Lund-Crestliner had braces that came way up the sides. Lowe-Lund-Crestliner really is a well made boat. But why should I pay Lund pricing when they are all the same when I peel off the decal?

bonz_d

Vice Admiral
Re: Saw Lund Jons & Utility-V boats are same as Crestliner & LOWE in Lebanon MO plant

Re: Saw Lund Jons & Utility-V boats are same as Crestliner & LOWE in Lebanon MO plant

Though they are all being built in the same facility I would bet that they are all built to different manufacturer specs.