Sad day

MPII

Petty Officer 1st Class
Well it happened, first time, water in Sterndrive discovered. Seals look good on lower plug and top plugs. I guess I will be separating the lower and upper unit?

The day started with me playing a game of make believe, sitting in boat on trailer, great weather, listneing to great music, and cleaning things for the winter. I was drealing of sitting in my favorite cove on Lake Cumberland, Ky. Look at trees, shore, wildlife, fishing, drinking, and having fun. Haven't done the big "w" yet, but thought I would just check the outdrive oil, and yes, milkshake. There were also some slight mettle shavings. Not sure what happened.

Thoughts?

paultjohnson

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Sad day

Sad ... Yes... But if you wanna look at the bright side. It sounds like you caught it before you had a total melt down. You didnt get stranded. you didnt need a tow. Your boat isnt gonna be down all summer . The seasons wrapping up. So you feel better now after I candy coated it for ya , right,???? Didnt think so ...Sad day .....:(:):D

MPII

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Sad day

Sad ... Yes... But if you wanna look at the bright side. It sounds like you caught it before you had a total melt down. You didnt get stranded. you didnt need a tow. Your boat isnt gonna be down all summer . The seasons wrapping up. So you feel better now after I candy coated it for ya , right,???? Didnt think so ...Sad day .....:(:):D

Yep, you are completely right! I was being overly dramatic.....what can I say, sometimes I can be a drama queen. Can look forward to having a freshly cleaned and examined outdrive! Still wish I was on the big drink though.....