Sac River to SF Bay Trip

Surffx

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hey everyone,

I grew up in the east SF bay area, but now live in Reno. I'm looking for something fun to do with the boat this spring. I am thinking about launching in the Sacramento river and taking the delta all the way to the SF bay. Our final destination would be the San Leandro Marina.

I have two options at this point. If I find a ramp that has over night parking in Sacramento I can leave the truck and trailer there. That leaves of free to moore at the San Leandro marina for one or two nights ($15.00 per night). Then we can take the trip back the next day. Or I could send the wife with the truck/trailer down to pick us (me and buddies) up at the San Leandro Marina.

Either way it sounds pretty fun doesn't it?

Anyone ever taken this trip or frequent these waters?

Suggestions and comments are welcome.

Thanks

ebry710

Ensign
Re: Sac River to SF Bay Trip

I have not had the opportunity to travel from Sacramento to San Leandro, but I have eaten at restaurant athe Rio Vista, Antioch, Benicia, Vallejo, Tiburon, Sausalito, Berkeley Pier and Alemeda. You will probably want to check to see if they still have docks because it has been a few years. Benicia, Tiburon and Sausalito were my favorite. I believe San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf also has docking facilities.

For sight seeing Angel Island (across from Tiburon) is nice and has great hiking trails and views.

missruby

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Sac River to SF Bay Trip

Hey i've been looking into the same trip! We live in Auburn and i'm wanting to put in either at Discovery park, or drive to Rio Vista. Either way it sounds great. The wife and i have considered putting together an email to all of our friends with boats to see who is interested. i'll keep you posted. THe more the merrier. Has anybody done this trip? How long does it take from Sac to SF via Sac river benecia etc? Nautical miles? Sounds fun!!

Scott