Running Code 3

grant1973

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Last Thursday the Wife and I took a day out and went to go fishing. Everything was going great. We put in and off we went. I got about 1/3 the way out across the river then I lost almost all forward power. I made it back to the ramp at idle speed. So there I sat in waste deep water looking at the motor scratching my head checking everything that I could think of. After a few more attempts I decided that the day was not going to happen as planned. Boy that was for sure! As I went up to get the truck I realized that my wallet was in one of my cargo pockets of my shorts as well as my keys in the front pocket. Being that my keys were submerged for 20 minutes or so my alarm button to get in my truck was not working. I unlocked the door with the key knowing that the alarm would start yelling as soon as I opened it. No worries, for I have the alarm "kill" switch installed. I popped the key in the ignition and turned to accessory, hit the switch and ...IT DID NOT WORK!! After a minute of getting everyone's attention it shuts off. I start the truck and back down the ramp. Not even a minute goes by and the thing goes off again. here we are trying to get the boat on the trailer with out being able to simply run it up, the whole time the alarm is going. Finally trailered we drive off, heads low and alarm screaming!. It shut off once again. As we were driving down the road trying to at least enjoy the weather as with the other people driving around us the alarm starts going off again. I felt like such a tool. I pulled off the road (as well as the car in front of us), pop the hood get the pocket knife out, grab a hand full of wires and was about to start cutting key wires to the siren when it stopped. Annoyed I hop in the truck. Wife decided to try the alarm button again. Presto all is normal once again...well except for the ringing in my ears.<br /><br />Running code 3 - Lights and Sirens

DaveM

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Running Code 3

Oh my, you have way more patience than me. I would have clipped those wires right away--just can't take the stares I guess. <br /><br />I had an aftermarket alarm installed, then re-installed when accessories turned on by themselves, and finally replaced while under warantee before I had to silence it for good. I don't want to mention brands (Alpine), but it was not a cheap one. It decided on its own that it would not disable. I couldn't take the alarm sounding over and over, so I cut the wires and started driving (so much for the engine kill switch). I kept trying the disable and it finally took. Never again.

D

DJ

I would like to know (honestly) who pays any attention to car alarms when they go off?

grant1973

Petty Officer 3rd Class

ALARMS MORE OR LESS DRAW STARES...that is about it....makes groups of ppl look cattle all cheewing there cud<br /><br />besides it was in the truck when i bought it.<br />It is more for me if I am in ear shot.