Runabout Renovation, by Jim Anderson

ErikDC

Petty Officer 1st Class
Ordered it two weeks ago, picked it up yesterday and finished reading it this morning. GREAT book! I'll be honest, I was a touch trepidatious about the whole project but no more. Mr. Anderson lays everything on the line and tells you how to take care of business. I highly recommend it to anyone embarking on a renovation project for the first time. I'm really looking forward to getting the old girl ship-shape and on the water. Much thanks to Ken from FiberGlassics for hammering me on getting the book! :D

Realgun

Commander
Re: Runabout Renovation, by Jim Anderson

Hate to say it but that books getting old. Read the posts here about what you want to do and you will get a better and updated answer to your questions.<br /><br />I will say this the book does help ease you into boat repair.

swimmin' for shore

Chief Petty Officer

I tend to agree with both of you. I read mine, and still refer to it now and again. It's a good starter book, but for anything more than the very basics, you'll end up back here. Good choice, ErikDC, and good luck with the boat.

TAV MAN

Petty Officer 2nd Class

This is tav man. I would like to know the name of the book everyone talking about.

tr918

Petty Officer 2nd Class

The name of the book and the author are in the title of the thread. <br /><br />"Runabout Renovation" by Jim Anderson

Eggkr8

Petty Officer 1st Class

I bought my copy in October and finished it cover to cover in about a day and a half. I would also echo what everyone else has said. It is a great generalist book, come here for more specifics or more up to date info. I would love it if Jim Anderson would put out an update.<br /><br />My copy is completely dog-eared, has resin stains on it, the binder is getting weak. I plan on sending my copy to Jim Anderson for an Autograph after I am done with the restoration and hope that he appreciates how used his book was.<br /> By then, I will probably make a fiberglass binder for it!

JasonJ

Rear Admiral

It is a decent book, shows you just enough to make you dangerous...