Rub rail

ledzeppelin135

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hi,
I am wondering what options I have for various rub rails that would look good on my boat and cover up the hull/deck joint fully. I am not sure what this boat had originally, but I am looking for something that is made to go on this and cover up this joint. Please let me know what you think,

Thanks,
Chris

Attachments

• WP_000086.jpg
    WP_000086.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 0

wlg

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Rub rail

I had an old fiberglass boat that had a rub rail channel that fit over that seam. It had a putty like material behind it and screws held the rail in place. The putty was probably used as a water tight seal for the seam.
I don't know how big or what type boat you have, but I would assume that as long as it's not home made you should be able to find rub rail channel for it.

Bondo

Staff member

Ayuh,... I ain't seen 1 with a rib like that,....

Kinda odd....

oops!

Supreme Mariner

thats a flange joint.

very rare now-a-days.

check out iboats for the correct rub rail.....you may have to phone them.......they have fantastic service and will get you the information you need

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

Uh Ohh, I think I found it...

http://www.wefcorubber.com/

flangejoingrubrail.jpg

ledzeppelin135

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thanks for your help, I appreciate it, do you know of any rails that cover the area directly above and below the joint a little as well?

64osby

Admiral

Thanks for your help, I appreciate it, do you know of any rails that cover the area directly above and below the joint a little as well?

I salvaged this off a 70's Larson, it had a similar seam. If you weren't so far away......

rubrail 2.jpgrubrail 1.jpgrubrail 3.jpg

wlg

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I have the rail and insert off a 72 Silverline. It is similar to what 64osby has. If you were in the area we would load it up.
I know none of this helps you, I just wanted to let you know that this was the type of rail I was refering to in my first reply.

64osby

Admiral

The flange on my boat is probably 3/4" wide, would that type of rail work?

The Larson trim in the first pic - the center portion is 1/2" wide and tapers to 3/8" and it is 1/2" in depth so if yours is 3/4 in either dimension it wouldn't fit.

What came off of it?