ROCKER SWITCHES ON DASH

san dimas

Petty Officer 1st Class
Hello everyone. I have a question about two of my switches on the dash. The first one is for the navigation lights. the switch has three positions, NAV on top, a middle position, and ANCHOR on the bottom. When I put it on NAV the bow light comes on but not the stern light. When I put it in the middle the stern light comes on but not the bow light. When I put it on ANCHOR just the stern light. I would think that on NAV both lights should be on, and on Anchor just the bow light should be on and the middle position both lights would be off. Is this correct? The other switch is my livewell switch. It has three positions also. Top is MAN, middle is off, and bottom is AUTO. Manual and off work fine but what is AUTO for? Should it have a timer that turns the pump on every now and then. If so, how often? Also, when I firsr turn the switch to AUTO should the pump run for a bit? Thanks for your help.

garbageguy

Lieutenant Commander
On the nav light switch; NAV on top should give you bow and stern lights, middle is off, bottom ANCHOR should just give you stern light

sasto

Captain
Is there an all around white light located somewhere around the highest point on your vessel! That would be the anchor light.
The auto mode on your bilge pump should activate a float switch which controls the bilge pump. When water reaches the float switch it activates the pump. You could have either an external or a built in switch. Some pumps are computerized. In the auto mode they search for water in your bilge every minute or so. If water is present, the pump evacuates it. Best wishes!